Beretta Pintail Problem

bluegoose_hunter

Hi,

I have a Beretta ES100 Pintail which is very similar/identical to the Benelli Montefeltro. I have had the gun for about two years and this week it began to give me problems.

Here is what is happening:

I can fire the gun once, go to shoot the 2nd time, and I get nothing. The gun does not fire, the hammer does not drop. This is very sparatic, sometimes I can get 2 shots off, and the third won't fire.

What I think is happening is that the gun is not resetting the hammer. I haven't comfirmed this because when I tried to get this to happen on purpose, it fires fine every time.

I don't have a cycling problem, but twice I have had the gun double fire on me, making me think the the hammer isn't being pushed all the way back to be "locked" by the trigger.

This is occuring on high brass 2 3/4 #4 duck load as well as low brass 2 3/4 #7 target load.

I haven't tried 3" shells yet.

So I think this is either a force problem (not enough powder to cycle the bolt completly), I am not holding the gun tight enough against my shoulder, or something needs cleaning.

What do I need to clean/look at to fix this problem?

Has anyone had this problem with any of your Benellis?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

pintails are basically modeled after the pre 85 Benellis,,there mechanics are the same but they have the 3''chamber option,,hmmmmmm,barrel swap,,ooohh,,back to the pintail,,first,,clean your trigger group really well,,I mean REALLY,,put it in your hand,,,see how the springs feel,,look closely for a wore out spring or a worn down metal contact to contact part,,some old benellis don't have disconecctors,,so your hammmer spring or where the hammer catches the trigger point of catch is wearing down,,pintail is not known for great metalurargly however you spell that word. check it out

what does dc121 standfor???intresting handle,,anyways,,for parts try e-gun parts,or your basic goole search,,now for a mag extension,,that gets tricky,,cause your extenteded threads may not be like your reciever threads,,so heating the tube and finding out the threads won't work is risky to say the least,,barrel ring and relocation have to be taken into cosideration.

look at your manual or view the exploded view on e-gun parts,,,maybe your firring pin spring,,sounds like your pintail doesn't have a dissconnector,,some older Benellis don't either,,my 121 m1 does and it blew a hole in the wall one night a while live fire demonstration and it has a dissconector,,,those pintails are pre 85 Benelli clones which they inherit the same mechanical faults,,it even says it in there manuals of the day,,so go over all the easy checks before tearing out the recoil tube,,bottom line is these older semi autos will keep you on your toes so to speak.

Hi,

I have a Beretta ES100 Pintail which is very similar/identical to the Benelli Montefeltro. I have had the gun for about two years and this week it began to give me problems.

Here is what is happening:

I can fire the gun once, go to shoot the 2nd time, and I get nothing. The gun does not fire, the hammer does not drop. This is very sparatic, sometimes I can get 2 shots off, and the third won't fire.

What I think is happening is that the gun is not resetting the hammer. I haven't comfirmed this because when I tried to get this to happen on purpose, it fires fine every time.

I don't have a cycling problem, but twice I have had the gun double fire on me, making me think the the hammer isn't being pushed all the way back to be "locked" by the trigger.

This is occuring on high brass 2 3/4 #4 duck load as well as low brass 2 3/4 #7 target load.

I haven't tried 3" shells yet.

So I think this is either a force problem (not enough powder to cycle the bolt completly), I am not holding the gun tight enough against my shoulder, or something needs cleaning.

What do I need to clean/look at to fix this problem?

Has anyone had this problem with any of your Benellis?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

If the bolt is cycling far enough to the rear to extract and eject the spent shell, it isn't binding, and the hammer should be held by the sear, and there should be no problem with the recoil spring. Sounds like the hammer may be "following" the bolt, instead of being held as it should be by the sear.