Curious about market for M4

Unobtanium

Well, as college is wearing on (both on me and my bank acct.) I am becoming curious. If I wanted to flip my M4 and pay off some debt, what is the market like? What would be a reasonable price to ask?

M4, bought new about 400 rounds and 2 months ago (Paid 1549+Tax)

Pride Fowler Mini-dot w/ Larue QD mount, bought new 200 rounds ago (Paid a hair over $400)

full-length mag tube (Sourced from Numrich) (Paid $100)

Mesa 6-shot side-saddle (not attatched currently, paid $84)

And a GGG sling. (Paid $30)

Anyways, just curious if there is a market of if this is such a niche type firearm that I should just hang onto it as there is no way to break even/come out okay?

I know Benelli DOES have a 3-month wait, or did when I bought it. Anywho, any ideas?

You can sell it for a lot more online to a benelli enthusiast for much more than any gun shop will ever give you, in my experience.

I wouldn't do it though, at least wait and see who wins the election.

I was just testing the waters/curious. I am not in any hurry or trying to get rid of it. Now if someone jumped on here and offered me $$$ at a winning proposition for me, well $$ is $$ and if they wanted to skip the waiting line, I would do it I guess.

Well, as college is wearing on (both on me and my bank acct.) I am becoming curious. If I wanted to flip my M4 and pay off some debt, what is the market like? What would be a reasonable price to ask?

M4, bought new about 400 rounds and 2 months ago (Paid 1549+Tax)

Pride Fowler Mini-dot w/ Larue QD mount, bought new 200 rounds ago (Paid a hair over $400)

full-length mag tube (Sourced from Numrich) (Paid $100)

Mesa 6-shot side-saddle (not attatched currently, paid $84)

And a GGG sling. (Paid $30)

Anyways, just curious if there is a market of if this is such a niche type firearm that I should just hang onto it as there is no way to break even/come out okay?

I know Benelli DOES have a 3-month wait, or did when I bought it. Anywho, any ideas?

Don't sell it to a gun shop.. Big mistake doing that... On www.gunbroker.com, if you look at the completed listings and sort by highest number of bids first, you will find that they are selling for (used) between $1300 and $1500.

Through a trade I obtained my m4. This weapon is 6 digit sn some normal wear straight stock. The shop was asking 1,1oo. which I guess was fair for the age. They do run a bit high on their guns. I would not consider selling to a shop or at a gun show if I were you. Your m4 sounds primo so I would sell to an individual like everone says. Try AR15.com equipment exchange check it out. Brian Enos fourm is good also. Hate to see you loose it once your out of school working and paying for a family it tough to come up with the money for new toys. Good Luck!

Through a trade I obtained my m4. This weapon is 6 digit sn some normal wear straight stock. The shop was asking 1,1oo. which I guess was fair for the age. They do run a bit high on their guns. I would not consider selling to a shop or at a gun show if I were you. Your m4 sounds primo so I would sell to an individual like everone says. Try AR15.com equipment exchange check it out. Brian Enos fourm is good also. Hate to see you loose it once your out of school working and paying for a family it tough to come up with the money for new toys. Good Luck!

I am not pressured to sell, I was just wondering if they were at a high point in the market (like Colt AR's) and I could come out = or +$100 for my trouble. If not, I will keep it. Went and shot it today and it put a smile on my face. :D