M4's & slugs ?

Timpe

What do you all use for slugs in the way of chokes. My m4 has a modified, which is ok for rifled slugs but does anyone use rifled chokes, and for three gun especially. I know theirs a million threads on this but I'm to lazy to read have to put the old magnifiers on. Who makes a decent slug choke, would like to try some sabots. Thanks! Tim:confused:

Rifled chokes don't do very much from all accounts I've read.

Your best bet is to use rifled slugs (experiment with all you can find to see which pattern best in your gun) and a loose choke. You can shoot slugs through a full choke just fine, but you'll have the best accuracy with a looser choke.

Sabots are meant for rifled barrels, and aren't meant to be used with a smooth bore. You won't get the accuracy boost out of them like you would in a rifled barrel, in fact they will almost surely be less accurate at moderate range.

I don't shoot many slugs anymore, so I can't really help you with specifics. Others will be along shortly to do that.