Benelli M1 extension tubes?

Dunedain

I was wondering if anyone here might know a place that still has Benelli original factory (made in Italy) 4 shot extension tubes for the M1 Super 90 Defense? This would be the tube that screws into the threaded nut at the end of the hand guard that came with the gun and takes the total capacity of the tube magazine up from 5 rounds to 7 rounds of 2-3/4 inch 12 gauge shells. This tube replaces the original one and makes the tube length reach almost to the end of the barrel (I think the barrel is 18.5 inches).

If no dealer has them in stock any more, perhaps someone here might have a new one they'd like to sell? I'd like to buy a new one still in the bag they come in from Benelli.

Thanks for any info. :)

Try this website..I recently ordered a +2 mag extension for my supernova. Great service...had it within 3 days after ordering. Also, might I suggest the Nordic Components follower and possibly the rail equipped barrel clamp. Now, I realize this isnt "factory Benelli", but from what I have heard, Nordic sells the best tubes out there. Also, I believe, the Benelli tubes are almost impossible to come by...Either way, it couldnt hurt to check the NC setup.

If you just HAVE to have Benelli, try calling this place. Mann & Son (Since 1945) is a full line dealer for several makes, including the Benelli line of shotguns. You can reach them at 618.357.2911.

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/nordic-components-benelli-sbe-magazine-extensions-p-1169.html?osCsid=e1f81cfb01340ef92aae00352c8ea0c9

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys. :)

Geneleo: Please let me know what you find on that.

shotgunNoob: Thanks for the number. :) I'm sure Nordic tubes are well made, but I saw a picture of them and they have white lettering stenciled on them. I much prefer the original tube appearance, which is all black with no markings, I'd rather have the authentic look of an all black tube. Plus it's nice to know the whole gun is Benelli.

One question. The original Benelli tubes are aluminum, if a tube was made with steel, wouldn't that cause wear on the threads in the threaded nut (the threaded nut is also made of aluminum)?

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys. :)

Geneleo: Please let me know what you find on that.

shotgunNoob: Thanks for the number. :) I'm sure Nordic tubes are well made, but I saw a picture of them and they have white lettering stenciled on them. I much prefer the original tube appearance, which is all black with no markings, I'd rather have the authentic look of an all black tube. Plus it's nice to know the whole gun is Benelli.

One question. The original Benelli tubes are aluminum, if a tube was made with steel, wouldn't that cause wear on the threads in the threaded nut (the threaded nut is also made of aluminum)?

I am not sure about the aluminum question. Frankly, I think Benelli made a mistake going with aluminum ANYTHING vs steel..regardless of weight/cost differential. Either way, the Nordic Components tube comes with its own nut. I dont think you would need to worry about this. Now, in terms of the "Nordic Components" lettering..I think they only use that for advertising. Nothing I have of theirs has any lettering...black finish only. Im betting it would be the same with yours. Installed, these components look stock..and slick. For additional info... unless you plan on running a +3 extension tube or greater, I believe the barrel clamp is unnecessary. I bought one (with rail) just in case I need an additional sling mount point or possibly an area for a tactical light. So, again, I dont think the "stenciling" will be on the final product(s). Besides, I can almost guarantee you will pay more for the Benelli tube, assuming you can get it, than you will for the Nordic tube. Dont worry, your shotty will look sweet either way.

shotgunNoob: I noticed that the length for the Nordic +4 shot extension tube is listed as 19.518 inches. First off, I assume this is the correct tube size to take the shotgun's total tube capacity to 7 rounds of 2 3/4 inch shells, right? If it is, does that mean that this tube would stick past the end of my 18 1/2 inch barrel?

I agree, I'd prefer it if they had just made them all in steel, less subject to damage that way.

shotgunNoob: I noticed that the length for the Nordic +4 shot extension tube is listed as 19.518 inches. First off, I assume this is the correct tube size to take the shotgun's total tube capacity to 7 rounds of 2 3/4 inch shells, right? If it is, does that mean that this tube would stick past the end of my 18 1/2 inch barrel?

I agree, I'd prefer it if they had just made them all in steel, less subject to damage that way.

I believe that Nordic Components bases the overall length of the tube PLUS the nut. For instance..my +2 unit is just shy of reaching the end of the barrel. Because, minus the mag plug, the stock supernova can take 4 2 3/4" shells..my capacity has now increased to 6 overall. Assuming that your shotgun holds 4 2 3/4" shells, I would think a +3 would give you a 7 shell capacity. I believe that anything over +2 will reach beyond the barrel. Its kind of a give and take thing....capacity vs looks. I chose looks as I really see no need for more than 6 shells in the tube. Most of the time, from what I gather, more than 2 or 3 blasts from a shotgun are all that is necessary to end a violent confrontation. This is unless, of course, you are military or police.

Anyway, if your shotty, like mine, can already hold 4 2 3/4" shells, just go with the +2. Otherwise, it will stick way beyond the barrel. I believe this would be the case regardless of what brand you choose. To get a rough idea, just take a ruler and measure from the rear of the mag nut out to whatever Nordic lists as the length for +4, +3 or whatever you choose. This should give you a decent approximation of where the tube will eventually end.

Edited by shotgunNoob

are you interested in a factory benelli +2 mag extension? if so I have one for sale I know I am new on these boards but I can provide TONS of feedback from other sites.....you can email me at [email protected] thanks

I think he is wanting a +3, at least. He seems to want a 7-shot capacity, assuming his shotty has a 4-shot max (2 3/4" shells).

Maybe this will help explain what I mean. Go to the Benelli web site and check out the special purpose shotgun category, and then look at the M2 Tactical. My gun looks exactly like that.

See how the tube extends past the hand guard? That's the Benelli factory 2 shot extension tube (I'm guessing they call it that because it gives you 2 more rounds than if the tube ended right at the hand guard?). I already have that tube, which gives me a 5 round (2 3/4 inch shells) capacity in the tube. I wanted a replacement tube that adds 2 more shots than that (for a total of 7 shots in the tube) and extends out near the end of the barrel. Apparently this is called a +4 extension tube, because it adds 2 more rounds than the standard +2 extension tube does.

Maybe this will help explain what I mean. Go to the Benelli web site and check out the special purpose shotgun category, and then look at the M2 Tactical. My gun looks exactly like that.

See how the tube extends past the hand guard? That's the Benelli factory 2 shot extension tube (I'm guessing they call it that because it gives you 2 more rounds than if the tube ended right at the hand guard?). I already have that tube, which gives me a 5 round (2 3/4 inch shells) capacity in the tube. I wanted a replacement tube that adds 2 more shots than that (for a total of 7 shots in the tube) and extends out near the end of the barrel. Apparently this is called a +4 extension tube, because it adds 2 more rounds than the standard +2 extension tube does.

"If your shotgun currently has a short tube extension that extends past the fixed magazine tube, the round capacity of that extension would be lost as it is removed and replaced. Magazine tube length is the length of the tube and nut". This is a quote from the website I mentioned. So, I guess you are right. Again, I am coming from the supernova end of things, where I have a 4 shot stock capacity w/o extension tubes. A +3 would give me 7. Apparently, you need +4. To put this thing to rest, however, just contact Cactus Tactical tomorrow and tell them what you want and they will tell you what you definately need. BTW..do you really need 7 in the tube? Why not go with a +3, if applicable, and stick with 6? Itll look better. Besides, if you cant do what is needed with 6 rounds from a shotty, then youd better have a backup weapon!!! Just my 2 cents.

Sounds good. Well, I really can offer no more advice other than to recommend getting in touch with Cactus Tactical. Whether or not you go with the +3 or +4, I think you will like the Nordic setup. Now, as I mentioned before, if your Benelli has a plastic follower, you might consider the Nordic Components aluminum/teflon coated follower. Again, just tell them what you need and what you want. I dont believe you will be disappointed. If nothing else, if you dont like what you receive, they will take that stuff back. But, I dont think you will feel that way. Keep us posted!! Take care man.

• 3 weeks later...
I went with the Benelli 7 shot extension tube made by Dave's Metal Works. It's steel, all black (no white lettering) and the threads work perfectly with the factory Benelli threaded nut, so it looks exactly like a Benelli factory tube. It looks great on the gun. :)

Cool deal..Im a Nordic fan, but as has been mentioned before, I dont like the aluminum thing. But, it will serve its purpose. I have heard good things about the DMW set-up though! BTW- The Nordic tubes have no white lettering on the actual tubes they sell, that I know of. They only use the lettering for advertising pics. Again, congrats on your set-up!

shotgunNoob: I asked the sales rep about that, and apparently some of the Nordic tubes do have the lettering and some do not, it just depends on how they make that batch of them. But both makes of tube I'm sure are of high quality. :) I almost got the Nordic tube, but when I saw that I couldn't use my Benelli factory threaded nut with it, I decided to get the one from Dave's when I found out I could use the Benelli nut with it.

I stand corrected then, about the lettering. Thats why Im here...to learn!! Thx for the info. Its weird that their tube wouldnt work with the factory Benelli nut. I would assume that in order for their, umm..nuts, to work with the Benelli tube, then their tubes should work with a Benelli nut. Maybe the nut they sell is dual threaded. Weird....

If this sounds confusing, dont worry...I think I just confused myself!!

Edited by shotgunNoob