The Famous "click"

goose2

i know this is going to ruffle feathers, but i dont think thats worth a crap if the model gun your talking about is that finiky. what if you were to need it, in a life or death situation??

Then, you would grab a handgun...assuming you have one.:D But, in this guys case, I think its more than likely related to ammo issues or user error (no offense).

I agree 100% with those who mentioned, as I did, that you need to completely disassemble the gun and thoroughly clean/lube it. When I received my SuperNova, I did this. It was amazing how much crap came off of this gun. When you re-assemble the weapon, make double sure that EVERYTHING hooks up properly and is lubricated. Then you will have at least narrowed the field of "probable causes", if nothing else.

I agree 100% with those who mentioned, as I did, that you need to completely disassemble the gun and thoroughly clean/lube it. When I received my SuperNova, I did this. It was amazing how much crap came off of this gun. When you re-assemble the weapon, make double sure that EVERYTHING hooks up properly and is lubricated. Then you will have at least narrowed the field of "probable causes", if nothing else.

+1

Those Italians put packing grease on these guns like olive oil on food lol

3 Dr 1 1/8 oz loads should have no issues if they are smaller charge than that Benelli says you will have issues and to use a higher charge to feed and cycle for the 12 Ga. Not New:)
The federal all purpose dove loads are 3 dram 1 1/8 oz. I know of a few sbe IIs having trouble with these shells. Mostly feeding problems. Mine even shoots the cheaper estate 1 oz fine but it don't like the federals. It's the only shell I've seen any problems out of.

Never heard of Federal shells having issues in a Benelli,but a shotgun with no lube will have issues and how can you expect one to not have issues with no lube. If the gun is not operating it needs to be sent to Benelli so they can lube it i guess.:o
How about I send it to your house so you can lube it.:o

Never heard of Federal shells having issues in a Benelli,but a shotgun with no lube will have issues and how can you expect one to not have issues with no lube. If the gun is not operating it needs to be sent to Benelli so they can lube it i guess.:o

Hah..If anybody needs to send ANY gun back to the factory just for a "lube" job, they probably shouldnt own the gun in the first place!! This is basic stuff that even a noob like me understands. As with ALL new firearms, thoroughly cleaning and lubricating of the weapon is strongly advised. Coming straight from the factory, most guns have a crap load of grease and/or lube on it..for preservation purposes. However, this amount of "preservation" is not conducive to reliability. Now, Im not for sure if the original "poster" is facing the same situation here. But, its good advice nonetheless!!:D

This was happening to me on my ultralight.. But one thing I noticed was that the "cartridge drop lever" (that small triangular thing with the red dot on it) was not dropping down into place when I was pressing the bolt release button... Every time the cartridge drop lever did not drop down, I would get a click/mis-fire....

So every time I load a new shell into the barrel I always check to make sure the cartridge drop lever is dropping down... This at least prevents me from NOT killing that bird or rabbit...

It has happened only once in about 400 rounds since I oiled up the trigger assembly... But at least now I know when it's going to happen...

Every time the cartridge drop lever did not drop down, I would get a click/mis-fire....

It has happened only once in about 400 rounds since I oiled up the trigger assembly...

That's why I'm saying, "Pull the trigger group, spray it clean, lightly lube it and replace it! (I'm on a mission!:D)

Hah..If anybody needs to send ANY gun back to the factory just for a "lube" job, they probably shouldnt own the gun in the first place!! This is basic stuff that even a noob like me understands. As with ALL new firearms, thoroughly cleaning and lubricating of the weapon is strongly advised. Coming straight from the factory, most guns have a crap load of grease and/or lube on it..for preservation purposes. However, this amount of "preservation" is not conducive to reliability. Now, Im not for sure if the original "poster" is facing the same situation here. But, its good advice nonetheless!!:D

i think this post will clear up no lube issue :p

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93677&postcount=6 I use no oil? no grease either i figure, yall like it dry? OK

I do use breakfree on it. I have not used it since. There are a lot of Benelli mith's out there. I know several people who use nothing and it seems to work good for them. I also know some who use Hornedy case lube. The perticular time I was getting more clicks than before, I had put some STOS grease on the rails. That evidently wasn't a good idea.So I guess to each his own and I will give the oil thing a try. Thanks for the help.

Its me again...I have put over 500 rounds of 00-Buck through my SuperNova and have yet to experience that seemingly infamous "Benelli click." I just simply keep my weapon lubed, lightly, with Weapon Shield. Also, I always try to make sure the weapon is re-assembled correctly, particularly where the bolt lines up with the rails. These pump shottys are, from what I hear, extremely durable and reliable for the most part. Now, I dont hunt, therefore my shotgun is never exposed to "extreme" conditions. Maybe that has something to do with its reliability. Not sure. Either way, Id say lack of lube does more harm than good. Sure, lube can attract dirt and dust...thats why I personally clean my shotty every 4 months or so..regardless. In terms of grease, its too damn thick and heavy. I would only recommend this stuff if you plan on storing your shotgun for many, many months...if not years.

this made very very curious. soooo i took my Franchi AL-48,20ga, and my cheapo Charles Daly, 12 ga. and i stripped them of all lubrication, with brake cleaner.thats right every nook and cranney. and then loaded them and shot them. heres the results of the test. iwas using 2 3/4 7/8oz # 7.5 in the Franchi 20ga.it would fire but would not cycle the emptys, without oiling the magazine tube where the barrel slides on it. ok the 12ga now. ammo: 2 3/4 1oz #7.5. the Charles Daly fired without fail, i ran 6 rounds through it, oiled her up and put her back in safe.i just love my " cheapo" shotgun.