10 Gauge Semi Recommendations

nolaboy1

I am thinking of getting a 10 gauge semi-auto & wanted to know if anyone had recommendations. I am thinking Remington SP10 or Browning Gold Light (which I believe are the main two 3 1/2" capable semi options). My primary use is actually for ducks & I suspect it's overkill, but I wanted some others' thoughts. Thank you

I have a friend with an SP10. Actually, it might be an Ithaca, but in reality, its the same gun.

It is very heavy, and the recoil is no worse than a 12 gauge.

He uses it for geese and turkeys.

Overkill is a vague term, and one often used by liberal gun-banners to get the otherwise uneducated people to believe that any gun is too much gun. e.g. "Assault weapons are overkill; nobody needs them."

Careful using that term when talking about guns. Gun banners love to use our own words against us. Case in point - The Brady Campaign has prominently used Jim Zumbo's words in their yearly manifesto denouncing guns.

Overkill is a vague term, and one often used by liberal gun-banners to get the otherwise uneducated people to believe that any gun is too much gun. e.g. "Assault weapons are overkill; nobody needs them."

Careful using that term when talking about guns. Gun banners love to use our own words against us. Case in point - The Brady Campaign has prominently used Jim Zumbo's words in their yearly manifesto denouncing guns.

Dude relax, he didnt mean anything like that.

I am thinking of getting a 10 gauge semi-auto & wanted to know if anyone had recommendations. I am thinking Remington SP10 or Browning Gold Light (which I believe are the main two 3 1/2" capable semi options). My primary use is actually for ducks & I suspect it's overkill, but I wanted some others' thoughts. Thank you

A little much for ducks.

"Dude relax, he didnt mean anything like that."

Yeah, I know he didn't, and you know he didn't, but they (anti-gunners) love that kind of little sound bite, especially if it comes from someone on "our" side of the battle. They'll take it out of context and use it against us.

I know, I'm probably being overly sensitive to this kind of thing, but it happens.

"Dude relax, he didnt mean anything like that."

Yeah, I know he didn't, and you know he didn't, but they (anti-gunners) love that kind of little sound bite, especially if it comes from someone on "our" side of the battle. They'll take it out of context and use it against us.

I know, I'm probably being overly sensitive to this kind of thing, but it happens.

Ya its starting to sound like overkill

weight is less of an issue for me, so i am looking to get some opinions about these models - browning gold light 10 gauge & remington sp10. do you think these are quality shotguns in terms of reliability and accuracy? i know you guys have experience with them / know about 'em. any thoughts? thanks

A 10ga is not over kill to say, I have an SBE, 10 O/U and had a SP10. I like my 10ga O/U for turkeys, ducks and geese. If you are a good shot you can kill all with a 3in 12 ga but if you need a little help with extra steel then the 10 ga is OK.

Heck I even shot dove this year with #6 10 ga turkey loads.....that was a blast!!!!

It all comes down to what feels good to you and what you can shoot accurately....