What will be your slug of choice for the upcoming deer season?

acmf74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my smooth bores I pretty much stay with traditional Brenneke slug ammo. Reliable, accurate, and can provide quartering shot success where some of the softer slugs can fail.

You can find KO slugs, gold slugs, green slugs, all from Brenneke and they even have one standard design Brenneke (not the sabot) for rifled. They do a a good rifled sabot slug round too.

You get a full patch would channel from the std Brenneke slug and deep penetration.

You can learn some at the www.brennekeusa.com web site, or check the shotgun forums for additional.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
ive heard a lot of good things about this new ammo. its basiclly a hollow point with a plastic ballistic tip.

It's an incredible round....flattest shooting 30-30 round and devastating on game.

So far I've taken two deer with it and both were passthroughs and left a nice exit wound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...