Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
acmf74

What will be your slug of choice for the upcoming deer season?

I purchased several types for my new SBEII but I haven't had the chance to see what she likes. I will have to get back to you on this. I also put a Nikon Slughunter 3 x 9 x 40 on her. I will let you know how this works out as well.

Change of plan this year....I used my 30-30 using the Hornady Leverevolutions and harvested a 4 pointer.

Great stuff.

Just took a nice button buck last Thursday:) using regular old 2-3/4" Remington Slugr from my 12 ga SuperNova using IC choke. About a 40Yd running shot. Shot a little high, but dropped him like a sack of potatoes. I've shot

Change of plan this year....I used my 30-30 using the Hornady Leverevolutions and harvested a 4 pointer.

Great stuff.

ive heard a lot of good things about this new ammo. its basiclly a hollow point with a plastic ballistic tip.

In my smooth bores I pretty much stay with traditional Brenneke slug ammo. Reliable, accurate, and can provide quartering shot success where some of the softer slugs can fail.

You can find KO slugs, gold slugs, green slugs, all from Brenneke and they even have one standard design Brenneke (not the sabot) for rifled. They do a a good rifled sabot slug round too.

You get a full patch would channel from the std Brenneke slug and deep penetration.

You can learn some at the www.brennekeusa.com web site, or check the shotgun forums for additional.

Paul

ive heard a lot of good things about this new ammo. its basiclly a hollow point with a plastic ballistic tip.

It's an incredible round....flattest shooting 30-30 round and devastating on game.

So far I've taken two deer with it and both were passthroughs and left a nice exit wound.

Federal Tactical Reduced Recoil. Has a clear transparent hull. Clover leaf groups at 25 yds, fist size groups from kneeling at 50 yds. Noticably less recoil than Rem slugger.