SBE II Slug gun Combo

sonyman74

Well, I looked around and can not find it as a set. But I did find a dealer that has the SBE II and the slug barrel separate. I also called Mann & Sons and they told me that I had to get a different forearm b/c the slug barrel is larger and will crack the one that comes on it. The dealer local to me did say that to me so I was wondering if that is true. If anyone can verify that would be nice.

I do alot of playing w SBE slug barrels and Here is what I can tell you. The slug barrels made by ER Shaw(older) had no sights and were heavier walled than shot barrels. I have been told the newer barrels made by Benelli have rifle sights(a way to be sure which barrel)and are not as heavy. I do not own newer barrels but have been told they are same as shot barrel. I have not found a different part number for a slug forearm for a SBE II and have tried many sources. There is a different forearm for SBE which matches the dates Shaw made the barrel. Benelli has made their own slug barrel since the SBE II came out.

Now(sorry its soo long) the choices. The SBE forearm is shaped like a barrel on the mating surface. The SBE II forearm is "u" shaped. The SBE II also has tangs around the magazine ring and at chamber area. If you sand(grind) a SBE forearm in the barrel cannel to fit a Shaw slug barrel it will be loose feeling w/shot barrel. This is OK but it is alot of work. The good part of the SBE II forearm is you only have to make clearance at the top of the "u" shaped barrel chamber and the tangs hold the forearm tight on a shot barrel. I would try the slug barrel, it might work w/o changes, if not someone w/average skills can do the job. Send me a PM and I can send pics of my forearms

Guest GunCrazyD

there is no slug combo from Benelli...and if you call them you can get the proper # for the slug forend...was shown by a dealer to me that they list them in their 2008 book..should be easy to check on...

There is a post by "Winkelfish" that will help. Also Numrich has a "modified" fore end that they say is for slug barrels for $167. My parts manual that came w/SBE II lists the slug barrels parts and fore ends. The fore ends do not mention slug barrels the only difference is the material(wood/syn.) I think the one GunCrazyD is looking at is a SBE fore end and good luck finding one. A little bit of sanding or $167, I know my choice.