LaRue QD mount--broken

Unobtanium

Yep, that's right. I broke it. Using it properly. I even told the guys at LaRue what I would mount it on (Benelli M4) and what I would shoot (3" slugs). They said the mount was beyond reproach. However, the base that sits between the M1913 blocks on the M4 rail is peened from recoil about 1/8" or so, and the sight will not old zero as it peens slightly after each shot/moving POI.

LaRue is a great company and they will make this right I am sure. This post is NOT bashing them or their product in ANY way, simply stating that yes, ANYTHING can break.

Exactly what mount is this? The irondot one?

And yes, they will obviously make it right.

I dunno if it's related, but the m4 rail isn't a milspec rail, and it mangled one of my larue eotech mounts back last summer. It allowed the mount to like slide forward, then somehow like compressed the sides and rubbed some of the block off.

I'd be interested to hear what they say.

Exactly what mount is this? The irondot one?

And yes, they will obviously make it right.

I dunno if it's related, but the m4 rail isn't a milspec rail, and it mangled one of my larue eotech mounts back last summer. It allowed the mount to like slide forward, then somehow like compressed the sides and rubbed some of the block off.

I'd be interested to hear what they say.

Mine did the same. I told them what weapon it was going on though and they said it should be fine. LaRue is top-notch and I am sure they will make it right as well!

The rail that came with my M4 wouldn't accept an Eotech properly (loose) but was replaced with the Mesa Tactical rail/side "saddle". That has worked quite well, so if nothing else, I'd recommend going with that set up once you get your replacement LaRue mount. the LaRue mounts are virtually indestructible & made extremely well, so hearing of one fail is surprising. Glad to hear they will take care of it for you (as I am not surprised - they are a great company to work with). Good luck!

The rail that came with my M4 wouldn't accept an Eotech properly (loose) but was replaced with the Mesa Tactical rail/side "saddle". That has worked quite well, so if nothing else, I'd recommend going with that set up once you get your replacement LaRue mount. the LaRue mounts are virtually indestructible & made extremely well, so hearing of one fail is surprising. Glad to hear they will take care of it for you (as I am not surprised - they are a great company to work with). Good luck!

I am getting a refund on the product.