Mag tube extension advice needed

Batman

I want to purchase a mag tube extension for my M1 Tactical, which has an 18.5" barrel. What is the appropriate tube length I need to buy that will come as close as possible to the end of the barrel without exceeding the length of the barrel? I'm planning on buying a Dave's Metal Works tube.

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I am using the Nordic Components extension. It is a +2, giving me a 6 shot capacity using 2 3/4" or 3" shells. As far as I can tell, it is roughly 1/4" or so shorter than the barrel. I believe anything more, ie. +3 or more, would extend beyond the barrel. The 18.5" barrel does not seem to afford much lattitude when it comes to mag extension length. The "7 round" tube mentioned earlier would, more than likely, be a +3 unit. I think this would extend beyond the barrel. But, then again, my weapon is a SuperNova tactical w/ 18.5" barrel. I am not sure if both weapons share the same "footprint" or not.

Edited by shotgunNoob

Batman: I just got a 7 shot Benelli extension tube from Dave's, it stops just short of the end of the 18.5 inch barrel. So that would do nicely, plus, you can use the Benelli threaded nut with it for a correct factory look. If I recall correctly, the Nordic ones require you to use their threaded nut (which doesn't look like the Benelli nut) because for some reason they didn't make the threads on their tube match the Benelli nut threads.

Batman: I just got a 7 shot Benelli extension tube from Dave's, it stops just short of the end of the 18.5 inch barrel. So that would do nicely, plus, you can use the Benelli threaded nut with it for a correct factory look. If I recall correctly, the Nordic ones require you to use their threaded nut (which doesn't look like the Benelli nut) because for some reason they didn't make the threads on their tube match the Benelli nut threads.

Personally, I like the Nordic nut better. But, then again, my shotty is a SN tactical, so the original nut wouldnt have worked anyway. In my case, the threads all match up. I am, however, experiencing a weird upward "tilt" when the nut is screwed in all the way. Its not too bad though...only 1/10 of an inch, if that. I think I have seen several other shottys with extension tubes showing the same effect. Oh well.... as long as there are no feeding issues. Anyway, it seems the M1 does indeed have a different print than the SN tacticals. So, I guess, keep this in mind when considering capacities!!!

Edited by shotgunNoob