Titanium mag tube for M4

getafterit

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

THAT Titanium Tube on Gunbroker.com now comes complete with a spring that is 5" longer and MUCH higher quality than OEM at no additional cost (spring is included for free) . It is made by "carriercomp" in cooperation with W.C. Wolff Company, who arguably produce the best aftermarket gun-springs on the planet. Check out the feedback that tube is getting from Gunbroker.com buyers... that should sum it up best.

Edited by cleefurd
corrected "chrome-silicon" reference, W.C. Wolff springs are grade ABOVE chrome silicon. My error

Guest cleefurd

He's joking. Polymer walls that thin would not hold up.

Titanium on the other hand is an IDEAL alternative...

The Gunbroker listing in Titanium weighs 48% less than the OEM 11707 tube set (10.6 oz vs. 5.5 oz);

Comes in FOUR different finishes;

and are made of Titanium 3AL-2.5V alloy (STRONG)...

I just installed my titanium tube today. It is the product mentioned for sale on GunBroker.

I had mine KG coated. The threads were uncoated and hinted at how pimp-daddy an uncoated tube would look.

As a comparison, I also have one of the steel versions that's parkerized from a metal shop vendor.

First, it is titanium, no aluminum or steel. It is feathery light if that's important.

It is also a first rate quality product. The flare at the receiver end is machined, not a tack-welded ring as on my steel version. The external dimensions are identical to the Benelli factory tube.

It did come with a spring that is longer than the stock spring. Interestingly the spring provided with the steel tube was exactly the same length as the factory installed spring.

The color on the coated titanium tube matches the barrel better than the steel version.

Is it worth the difference in price? I think so. It simply exudes quality.

C97

I have neither handled nor used the socomguys tube.

And yes, it was a Dave's shop tube. It appeared it would work and was good value for the money. But given how much I already had spent on the M4, a hundred dollars more to get a machinist's work of art was well worth the extra.

C97

In removing the old mag tube I used a heat gun and monitored the receiver's temperature with one of the surface reading IR thermometers.

At 254 degrees F the factory tube broke loose.

Hope this helps the understanding that you don't really want to torch your receiver to break the factory tube loose. I bet a hair dryer would get the receiver to that temperature.

C97

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

[email protected]

We had 250 due to complete yesterday from W.C.Wolff , but they are running a few days late. They promised pre-Christamas delivery on our custom order (since they do not stock an M4 specific spring).

Email us regarding that spring (subject line "M4 Spring Only"), and we will place your request in our M4 contact file, for immediate notification when shipment arrives.

We are carriercomp

Guest cleefurd
Since carriercomp doesn't appear to have a website - why don't you post who/what carriercomp is and where you sell your products (and what your products are) for those of us who can't seem to figure it out. :-)

Our web domain is intact, but dormant since the passing of my late wife and daughter back in 2004. After retirement (USMC 1983-2005) I slowly resumed production, and the web-site has been neglected... sorry, I need to remedy that. At any rate, until recently we had zero direct sales to civilians, originally (and still) catering to military purchase orders, and accessories for Creedmoor Sports, Kowa International, military MTU units, etc. Our initial offerings to the public began last October on Gunbroker.com (sample listing);

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116566183

We build competition rear sights for the CTC (cross the course) AR15 service rifle platform based on a 2002 awarded patent, we built the aluminum version of the Kowa TSN-821 protective eyepiece cover, we build M1A/M14 decarb reamers, Benelli M4 Titanium bolt handles, Benelli M4 full length titanium magazine tubes with aftermarket premium feed springs (available seperately), and have built limitted runs of Benelli M4 titanium bodied collapsible stocks that work with OEM recoil tubes, and believe it or not, we also do 5 shot big-bore conversions for Ruger Blackhawks, based on experience gleaned from brief tenure as a Freedom Arms employee. Experience acquired working in the PWS facility at Quantico, VA developing brass processors for reloading, Double Distinguished having served on the USMC Rifle Team from 1998-2003 , with the exception of 1999 when I was on the USMC pistol team. Combat Action, Meritorious Service, Navy Commendation to name a few. But humble to a fault in spite of these credentials. I have been there and done that but prefer to keep my iron in the same fire as my countrymen, never looking down my nose at ANYONE regardless of their stature or lack of it. I have been blessed to survive to this day, and my journey began where anyone's did, in a cradle, and will end with the dignity of those around me as a barometer of my success.

I appreciate and respect the nature of your inquiry, and hope this brings our operation into clearer focus.

Our web domain is intact, but dormant since the passing of my late wife and daughter back in 2004. After retirement (USMC 1983-2005) I slowly resumed production, and the web-site has been neglected... sorry, I need to remedy that. At any rate, until recently we had zero direct sales to civilians, originally (and still) catering to military purchase orders, and accessories for Creedmoor Sports, Kowa International, military MTU units, etc. Our initial offerings to the public began last October on Gunbroker.com (sample listing);

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116566183

We build competition rear sights for the CTC (cross the course) AR15 service rifle platform based on a 2002 awarded patent, we built the aluminum version of the Kowa TSN-821 protective eyepiece cover, we build M1A/M14 decarb reamers, Benelli M4 Titanium bolt handles, Benelli M4 full length titanium magazine tubes with aftermarket premium feed springs (available seperately), and have built limitted runs of Benelli M4 titanium bodied collapsible stocks that work with OEM recoil tubes, and believe it or not, we also do 5 shot big-bore conversions for Ruger Blackhawks, based on experience gleaned from brief tenure as a Freedom Arms employee. Experience acquired working in the PWS facility at Quantico, VA developing brass processors for reloading, Double Distinguished having served on the USMC Rifle Team from 1998-2003 , with the exception of 1999 when I was on the USMC pistol team. Combat Action, Meritorious Service, Navy Commendation to name a few. But humble to a fault in spite of these credentials. I have been there and done that but prefer to keep my iron in the same fire as my countrymen, never looking down my nose at ANYONE regardless of their stature or lack of it. I have been blessed to survive to this day, and my journey began where anyone's did, in a cradle, and will end with the dignity of those around me as a barometer of my success.

I appreciate and respect the nature of your inquiry, and hope this brings our operation into clearer focus.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your wife and daughter. To stay in the game after such a loss takes a determined soul.

Thank you, Marco.

Guest cleefurd
Any info on shipments of the titanium tubes?

Hi Joe,

Wolff shipped the springs yesterday. They had been swamped like much of the industry. Apparently much of the firearms industry is encountering supply "bottlenecks" due to buying frenzies in the wake of the November election.

It never occured to us that even spring manufacturers would feel the "squeeze". Prior to this last order we had been ordering our springs for the titanium magazine tube in small quantities. They (springs) were sent UPS ground, and the second they arrive we will place with your titanium mag tube and ship. Very very sorry for the delay.

Hi Joe,

Wolff shipped the springs yesterday. They had been swamped like much of the industry. Apparently much of the firearms industry is encountering supply "bottlenecks" due to buying frenzies in the wake of the November election.

It never occured to us that even spring manufacturers would feel the "squeeze". Prior to this last order we had been ordering our springs for the titanium magazine tube in small quantities. They (springs) were sent UPS ground, and the second they arrive we will place with your titanium mag tube and ship. Very very sorry for the delay.

Kip, thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting the tube. From the discussions on this board it looks like you are thinking about expanding your business. I'm excited about the stock! I hope you will continue to add additional parts for the M4 to your list of items for sale. Happy Holidays.

Thanks

Joe

Guest cleefurd

Joe ,

You are welcome.

Yes we are re-visting the stock option (pun) and WILL be making a run of 20.

The bolt knobs while not a new venture for us, will represent our first release to the public, among a few other goodies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

Springs now available and in stock for immediate delivery. PAYPAL has walked the plank. Our new secure online store will accept VISA and MC for convenient order processing.

www.shop.carriercomp.com

Thanks to everyone who's suggestions have help mold the storefront and product successes... especially the deprived Canadians!:D:D(both of them)

Springs now available and in stock for immediate delivery. PAYPAL has walked the plank. Our new secure online store will accept VISA and MC for convenient order processing.

www.shop.carriercomp.com

Thanks to everyone who's suggestions have help mold the storefront and product successes... especially the deprived Canadians!:D:D(both of them)

LOL Thanks Kip and i bet i'll have that tube and a couple spare springs in the mail before the end of this month.

Thanks for your devotion towards your customer,it's greatly appreciated and i'll make sure that on my side of the border,owners of m4 will know about your company and what a great job your doing.

Eric

Guest cleefurd
LOL Thanks Kip and i bet i'll have that tube and a couple spare springs in the mail before the end of this month.

Thanks for your devotion towards your customer,it's greatly appreciated and i'll make sure that on my side of the border,owners of m4 will know about your company and what a great job your doing.

Eric

Per the rate it gave you in the dry-run...

Got more faliliar with the UPS options. The "Saver" is an overnight affair. Just added the "Expedited" which by all accounts would be much more affordable. http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/expedited.html?WT.svl=SubNav. Check this link for US-Canada options. The shipping menu on my web store's built in manager does not offer the "Standard" option. It looks like the equivalent of "Ground". That would be great:(. Hopefully this is getting us closer.

Guest cleefurd

Starting to get caught up after the Holidays, things should level out after we return from the Shot show on the 18th. Two good links for those who've been asking...

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=28 Since they are "keys" to collapsible stock manufacture.

http://photos.carriercomp.com/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=157810

Edited by cleefurd