Super Nova Tactical (20155)

chaestercragwitch

super nova tactical 18" vs nova 24" shooting turkey.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. super nova tactical 18" vs nova 24" shooting turkey.

• the super nova tactical 18" is best for turkey shooting.
    • the nova 24" is best for turkey shooting.
    • My wife does the shopping

First of all..congrats. I own the same weapon. Now, due to the fact that this is a smoothbore, Im not sure why you would even be concerned about chokes. They do not come with any choke system that I know of. Most people seem to use the SN tactical for home defense purposes, practically speaking. Either way, if you must "choke" it, research the "vangcomp" system. From what I hear, this is a very effective system. However, due to the need for de-chroming and re-chroming the Benelli barrel, it can be fairly expensive. Below is a link just in case you are interested. Also, unless I am mistaken, Sabots are mainly for "rifled" barrels. A rifled slug is what you will need for optimal accuracy when firing out of a smoothbore shotgun. In terms of the 3" ammo, according to the Benelli manual, the SuperNova tactical will hold (minus plug) 4 - 2 3/4" or 3" shells and 3- 3.5" shells. The good thing about a smoothbore is that it will fire just about anything. The bad thing about a smoothbore is that, particularly with a shorter barrel, you will be limiting the effective range of the weapon.

https://www.vangcomp.com/Home.html

Edited by shotgunNoob

First of all..congrats. I own the same weapon. Now, due to the fact that this is a smoothbore, Im not sure why you would even be concerned about chokes. They do not come with any choke system that I know of. Most people seem to use the SN tactical for home defense purposes, practically speaking. Either way, if you must "choke" it, research the "vangcomp" system. From what I hear, this is a very effective system. However, due to the need for de-chroming and re-chroming the Benelli barrel, it can be fairly expensive. Below is a link just in case you are interested. Also, unless I am mistaken, Sabots are mainly for "rifled" barrels. A rifled slug is what you will need for optimal accuracy when firing out of a smoothbore shotgun. In terms of the 3" ammo, according to the Benelli manual, the SuperNova tactical will hold (minus plug) 4 - 2 3/4" or 3" shells and 3- 3.5" shells. The good thing about a smoothbore is that it will fire just about anything. The bad thing about a smoothbore is that, particularly with a shorter barrel, you will be limiting the effective range of the weapon.

https://www.vangcomp.com/Home.html

Is the 18 tactical barrel a fixed choke? If yes than you will only get a turkey if its tied to a tree. Cylinder choke will get you a great at 20 yard pattern with turkey loads. A good turkey gun needs to pattern out 40 yards or more.

Otherwise. the 18' barrel would be great.

Is the 18 tactical barrel a fixed choke? If yes than you will only get a turkey if its tied to a tree. Cylinder choke will get you a great at 20 yard pattern with turkey loads. A good turkey gun needs to pattern out 40 yards or more.

Otherwise. the 18' barrel would be great.

I believe the barrel for the SN tactical is a Cyl choke. Supposedly, good for effective buckshot patterns out to around the 12 to 20 yard range...given the right ammo.