What lube do you use?

NJgunner

I use CLP on all my guns ever since I tried it. It cleans great lubes great and protects great! I use it on my SBII with no problems. The manual suggests using a high quality synthetic oil. Funny because the gun comes with some kind of "benelli oil" but yet you cant buy it anywhere. What are you guys using and why is CLP not recommended by benelli?

I started to use breakfree this season and so far I like it. I will not use one shot dry lube again, I guess the name say's it all. 1 shot.

Why dont you like one shot lube? Personally, I use it on occasion. Mainly for mag springs, mag tube(s) and/or magazines. Basically, anywhere that ammo is "stored" within a weapon. But, as I mentioned before, barrels, frames and chambers get the Weapon Shield stuff.

I was using it on all moving parts (bolt) and had problems after it was cold out and firing a few rounds, the bolt would not seat all the way. next time I went to pull the trigger it acted as if the safety was on. I could push it closed and fire one shot at a time. I am not sure if it had to do with the heat build of of shooting so much during the spring snow goose season that turned the dry lube into a sticky lube or not. but I did have it happen during warmer weather also, Since I bought My SBEII have not shot the Browning much but I have not had a problem as of yet.

I was using it on all moving parts (bolt) and had problems after it was cold out and firing a few rounds, the bolt would not seat all the way. next time I went to pull the trigger it acted as if the safety was on. I could push it closed and fire one shot at a time. I am not sure if it had to do with the heat build of of shooting so much during the spring snow goose season that turned the dry lube into a sticky lube or not. but I did have it happen during warmer weather also, Since I bought My SBEII have not shot the Browning much but I have not had a problem as of yet.

What is "it"?

Sorry, I ment to say, the First time I had a problem it was cold out Below 32 deg, I went to pull the trigger and it acted as if the safety was on but I found out the bolt was not seated all the way up against the barrel. Then when I went on the snow goose hunt it was in the 50's and it was starting to do it again after 2 boxes of shells, cleaned and tryed again the next day when temps were mid 30's did it again. only after the first 3 round. So that night I got online and found the Benelli web site and found in FAQ were they do not recommend dry lube. I switched to breakfree and during our early goose season I had no problems. but bought the SBEII just before duck season. have not shot the Browning since.