So..how many rounds per year do you put through your Benelli?

shotgunNoob

Personally, I plan on putting roughly 150 rounds or so per year through my SuperNova tactical. Im just curious how many YOU put through your shotty per year. Also, Im wondering just how long these Benelli shotguns are supposed to last. It seems that, in terms of handguns, longevity is measured in terms of thousands of rounds...usually ten-thousand or more. I wonder how shotguns are measured. Thoughts?

BTW- Dont feel obligated to attempt an answer the "longevity" question if you have no idea. I would still love to hear what kind of numbers, in terms of rounds, people here are putting through their shotgun on a yearly basis!

Edited by shotgunNoob

I have 11k rounds, more now actually, through my m4. It still shoots like the day I got it, as far as I can tell.

I hardly get to shoot it now, between ****** weather, NY temperatures, full time school and full time work.

I put probably 1000 rounds through it over this summer, now I haven't shot it in months.

Although they are mechanical and things do break, I have friends that have the SBE I that have put several thousand rounds through there's in the harshest of conditions. It seems that the more you shoot them the better they get.

Yes Hogwild, these are the guys that run them dry.:D

I guess that answers my question about Benelli reliability. I am curious to see how many thousands of rounds my SN tactical can actually take before "major" service is needed. Of course, with only 150 to 200 rounds per year, it would probably take me a lifetime.:D

I would say 2 lifetimes.

I only practice with what intend to shoot, basically Hornady and Federal 00 copper. The higher cost of those rounds limit me to about a hundred shells fired in a year. Not much, but I already know how my M4 is sighted and how the ammo I shoot patterns at various distances.