brand new M4 wont cycle

sig229

just bought a brand new M4 . took it apart, cleaned, lubricated and took it to the range. i read that this gun will cycle anything but non lethal rounds, but this gun failed to extract and feed with every round that i loaded into the wepon. i tried light target load and buck shot. i believe that action is short stroking, only once did the gun actually extract the old round and chamber a new round. HELP!!!!!!!!!

the manager over at the gun store told me to use 3-3/4 DRAM EQ. because it needs that extra powere to help it extract.....????? but the manager over at the gun range told me the 3-3/4 DRAM EQ. was to much power for his range and could not use them there and had to use 2-3/4 DRAM EQ. at the gun range but my M4 was doing the same thing that really sucks !!!

:mad:

Edited by heckler&kochp2000
misspelled

the manager over at the gun store told me to use 3-3/4 DRAM EQ. because it needs that extra powere to help it extract.....????? but the manager over at the gun range told me the 3-3/4 DRAM EQ. was to much power for his range and could not use them there and had to use 2-3/4 DRAM EQ. at the gun range but my M4 was doing the same thing that really sucks !!!

:mad:

Why would you even bother telling them what DRAM shells your using? What shells are you using

Is that really all I can do? Run a couple hundred rounds through it and hope it works itself out? I know most guns require a break in to be 100% reliable but most guns function better than 3% even before they are broken in. Really starting to worry if I wasted my money. In reply to the gentleman who said to run 3 3/4 dram shells - I thought the point of the argo system was that it would cycle just about anything (except non-lethal of course). Is there something I could have done wrong during reassembly after cleaning that would cause it to do this? I am pretty sure it isnt me - it fires fine and will cycle rounds by hand. It seems as if the action is short-stroking possibly...

Why would you even bother telling them what DRAM shells your using? What shells are you using

he asked me "am i using bird shot" i said yes ,they said "let me see what you are using" . then he said "to powerful cannot use here" i said ok so i bought some fedaral 12 2-3/4 from them and they would not eject

Edited by heckler&kochp2000
misspelled

Fine, I take money elsewhere, you see!

...and go to a different range.

i know what you are saying , but i was itching to shoot it for the first time . it was fun but could of been a lot more fun if the shells would eject after every shot.

you know what else sucks about "magnum range" its indoors and no rapid fire allowed :mad:

and thats the only range close to my house 10 minutes away.

just bought a brand new M4 . took it apart, cleaned, lubricated and took it to the range. i read that this gun will cycle anything but non lethal rounds, but this gun failed to extract and feed with every round that i loaded into the wepon. i tried light target load and buck shot. i believe that action is short stroking, only once did the gun actually extract the old round and chamber a new round. HELP!!!!!!!!!

I would send it back to Benelli after giving them a call to try and resolve your issue! They will want to know a lotta info when ya call them and ya need to give them a chance to fix it! What type of lubrication ya been using, have ya been lubing it like manual says? go to http://www.militec.com/ click on firearms and pan down to middle of that page to M4 manual and read lubrication procedures and see if you could have done anything different?

Definitely contact customer service, both of you, as something does not seem right at all here.

I got a 11707 back when it was the "new" model, and it jammed a lot during the first ~200 or so rounds. It would fire 4 or 5 then have a fail to extract or load or something.

I kept shooting and it all went away and hasn't jammed since in 11k rounds.

It never did what you're describing though ... it would always cycle the majority of rounds, it never was a single shot.

Definitely call CS and see what's up. Something is messed up in your gun.

Something here is not right. My M4 ran 1-1/8oz target loads at 1200fps right out of the box. I don't know what to say other than that. The pieces do NOT fit here.

Same here.

1st day out, I ran about 200rds of the CHEAP wal-mart stuff through mine with ZERO issues. To date, it has yet to choke on anything.

This makes me think something is fowl.

Not to knock on your gunsmithing skills, but are you 100% SURE that you put everything back together as it should be?

If its put together right, stop messing around. Ship it back to Benelli, because something is wrong.

Contrary to belief, M4s do NOT need to be broke in to cycle low brass.

Send it back to Benelli.

I've got an M4

I've used Federal lowest possible power shells available.

I've only run 150 rounds through the gun so far.

I've had two hang ups occur.

Once when my buddy was firing it (second shot) and once when my wife fire it (first shot) Both times was because they did not have the gun tight to the body so the recoil allowed the gun to go back further. That results in lost energy thus screwing up the cycling.

I myself, have not have one issue with the gun so far.

BTW I really really really like it.:D