Hello all... soon to be new M4 owner here

Creeper

Hello all,

I've been an avid H&K collector for some time and due to medical issues, I can no longer enjoy handguns to the extent that I would like. I have no physical restrictions with shotguns or rifles.

I recently sold one of my last H&Ks... a P9S .45 Target, and will use the proceeds to buy a M4 shotgun. I look forward to owning and using the M4, as I haven't owned a shotgun in several years.

I've been reading all the M4 related threads and see that a good number of them delve into the details of accessories, ammo and maintenance information. Not uncommon in any subset of the gun world.

I've been doing the due diligence associated with a new gun purchase, and have a few questions for you that I cannot find ready answers to... if you don't mind.

Is there a tactical light made that replaces the stock magazine end cap? Is this a bad idea, and if so, why?

If it's a good idea... then why no light that I can find?

For left-handed M4 owners... any issues with weapon operation, or ejection of spent cases?

Lastly (and for those in Western Washington), in the Seattle area most dealers are selling the 11707, black, pistol grip version of M4 at $1500, give or take a few bucks.

Is this price about right, or is there a dealer in the Puget Sound region that might be selling them for a substantial amount less?

Thanks for your time. I enjoy reading the threads and look forward to chatting with many of you in the future.

C

Congrats!! That is a very nice weapon. Wish I could afford such a beast.

Recent family issues have put a dent in my discretionary funds, so I may not be able to swing an M4 either... considering the M2 as an alternative.

It's nice to have the hippest gun on the block, but I'm an old geezer and can make up for the lack of weapon style points with cunning and guile. :p

C

Get an M4. It's worth it. You won't regret it. Especially being an "old geezer" with "medical issues". It's the softest shooting 12 gauge I have ever shot.

hey,,whatch that old Geezer stuff,,,you might just ,,just maybe,get there one day dooooogieduggggggg,,,

all bsssing aside,,if funds are tight ,,stay Benelli and get there M2 tactical,,,limbsaver recoil pads are great

Get an M4. It's worth it. You won't regret it. Especially being an "old geezer" with "medical issues". It's the softest shooting 12 gauge I have ever shot.

I'm pretty recoil tolerant when it comes to shotguns.

As much as I'd like the M4, the M2 is a "fiscal consciousness alternative".

Either way, I'm sure I'll be a happy camper. ;)

C

hey,,whatch that old Geezer stuff,,,you might just ,,just maybe,get there one day dooooogieduggggggg,,,

all bsssing aside,,if funds are tight ,,stay Benelli and get there M2 tactical,,,limbsaver recoil pads are great

Being an "old geezer" can be a good thing tactially... people assume you're not very dangerous. :rolleyes:

C

MVC-007F1.JPG

Hi there M1014...

The muzzle break/compensator extension on the second gun from the right... could you tell me please who makes that, and what it's primary function is?

And perhaps even if it actually serves it's function, or is there just because it looks cooler than all get out? :p

Thanks,

C

its a flash suppressor,,of course it has a purpose,,reduces muzzel rise and felt recoil,,all my stuff has purpose,,

Yes, I understand what it might do... I was more curious if it actually did function, or if it was mostly for show. You never know these days what is functional and what is sidewalk commando crap.

Is it a one-off item, or is it something I can order up as a production piece, and if so, where?

Thanks,

C