Gun Replacement

Engdahl

Has anyone ever had a Benelli replaced due to defect/problems through warranty?

I just bought my SBE II on 9/11/05 and am having some problems. It was broken in with three boxes of 3" shells. It does not cycle correctly. It will fire the first shot and then "stovepipe" the next live shell. It ejects the spent shell, gets a new one from the mag and halway ejects that one leaving it jammed in the action perpendicular to the gun. OR it will not load all the way into the action and become jammed in the action parallel with the gun in the ejection hole. AND the middle sight bead fell out, it just felll out.

The main reason i am frustrated is that i paid alot for this gun and i spent the last week in canada hunting snows, canada geese and ducks and had this happen multiple times leaving me with a single shot. It was very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced these types of problems???

also, i clean the gun every time i use it. Take out bolt, action, and disassemble the bolt if it looks really bad.

I need help....

Never had single problem with mine, but others have experienced this.

1. I agree that you need help, and customer service is the best place to get it.

Call them ASAP.

What kind(s) of shells are you shooting. I believe a fair number of users see this with Win. Drylocks, although I've never had a problem with them either.

Also, the butt of the gun must be firmly planted against your shoulder when firing. If you're off the shoulder, it may not cycle properly.

There have been problems with shooting at straight up or near straight up angles as well. Rare, but it has happened.

Again, the FIRST thing you need to do is to call CS.

They have been nothing but excellent when I have worked with them.

I'm nobody special. Just another owner.

No problems in my 16th season of shooting Benelli SBE's and M1's.

Your gun is not broken in.

I broke my new SBE II in with 125+ 3.5" turkey loads. It cycles everything from the lightest trap loads to the heaviest turkey loads.

I can make my SBE's jam by shooting straight up and holding the gun loosely. Add in a slight lean back on a passing bird, and it happens more often. It's tough to hold the gun firmly while trying this shot and often I end up letting go of the forearm somewhat.

Kent steel sucks in all my Benellis. Kent Matrix works great. Go figger.....

Shoot more shells, hold the gun firmly, etc.

You don't use WD40 do you? Or any other crap that might gum up the recoil tube?

Good luck!

mudhen - CA

No Wd-40, anyone who does that shouldnt have a Benelli. I am currently using break free oil and the formula three oil that came with a cleaning kit. I have shot alot of shells with this gun.. at least 200 rounds, 25 being 3.5". i understand about the gun being pointed weird and stuff but these were normal shots, straight out in front. i dont think i am doing anything wrong but i am just frustrated right now. I love that gun...it is just dort of disappointing the way it is going right now.

Unfortunately, you have a need for CS at the same time of the year as many others.

To improve your hold times, consider calling at off-peak times such as first thing in the AM, lunchtime, or late afternoon.

Holding for 17 minutes and then hanging up is doing nothing to improve on the problem.

Get there and STAY there until they answer.

Speakerphones are great for this.

Have similar problem with my SBE II but in its second season, worked great last year now often a single shot. I got ahold of benelli and they will tell you to clean it and if that does not work send it back in. You need a return # from them for service. Unfortunately that means no gun for the rest of the season. I only hope they look into the problem enough to find the cause as it does not stovepipe every time. Good luck.

Originally posted by Engdahl:

Has anyone ever had a Benelli replaced due to defect/problems through warranty?

I just bought my SBE II on 9/11/05 and am having some problems. It was broken in with three boxes of 3" shells. It does not cycle correctly. It will fire the first shot and then "stovepipe" the next live shell. It ejects the spent shell, gets a new one from the mag and halway ejects that one leaving it jammed in the action perpendicular to the gun. OR it will not load all the way into the action and become jammed in the action parallel with the gun in the ejection hole. AND the middle sight bead fell out, it just felll out.

The main reason i am frustrated is that i paid alot for this gun and i spent the last week in canada hunting snows, canada geese and ducks and had this happen multiple times leaving me with a single shot. It was very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced these types of problems???

also, i clean the gun every time i use it. Take out bolt, action, and disassemble the bolt if it looks really bad.

I need help....