M4 Replacement Parts

BePrepared

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I have asked a question that has already been answered somewhere else. Before asking, though, I spent a few hours searching without success to see if it has been answered already.

What parts are the most likely to fail or need replacement on an M4? I would like to know what parts might be a good idea to have on hand ahead of time. As I understand it, the M4 is incredibly reliable and is unlikely to have a failure or need replacements due to wear. I am simply trying to plan ahead.

Maybe another good question would be what have other forum M4 owners experienced as far as part replacement needs? Has anyone had any parts fail or wear out and need replacement?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Very good question.

I have yet to replace any parts in 11k rounds. I don't think anyone else has either ... unless it was a problem that came from the factory or a self inflicted problem. I can't recall a single post I've read where a part has just ... worn out from use.

I guess that's a really good thing, as there really aren't many replacement/repair parts available. You either have to go through Benelli for specific parts (I've never talked to their CS, but people say they are good), or try to find a vendor like numrich that has a limited supply to replacement parts (they can likely order more).

Either way, as far as what parts you "need" ... you don't need any. The m4 will run fine for what seems like an indefinite amount of time if you take even decent care in shooting and maintaining it.

I am glad to hear that the reliability is so incredible with the M4! I realize the most likely failure part of the equation is user error, which is good to know.

Does anyone else have any experience with a part failing or simply being worn down on the M4? Does anyone have an M4 that has extensive use (such as 20,000+ rounds) that would comment on the condition of the M4 and parts as well as any signs of wear?

Thanks to all the M4 and Benelli owners out there for your knowledge and experience!

My miniscule 11k rounds isn't enough to satisfy you eh? :p

Here's a thread I made on m4 receiver wear over time.

11k is great! I really appreciate anyone who has put large numbers of rounds through to tell of their experience; and let's be honest, 11k is a lot. Thanks also for the link to the thread with posted pictures.

• 5 months later...
Yes, it's a poor carpenter who blames his tools....

Mg

Haha, I was just talking with another board member about the gas-plug O-rings on the M4, curious if they had ever had a wear issue. They said yes. They became enterprising and decided to remove them to clean, resulting in a slightly torn O-ring.

I too am very detail oriented/want all the parts that might fail on-hand. So far I don't know what to stock, so I just bought a few O-rings in case I too become obsessed with taking them off. The M4 is a good tool. It is a tough tool. It is tougher than you are.

Haha, I was just talking with another board member about the gas-plug O-rings on the M4, curious if they had ever had a wear issue. They said yes. They became enterprising and decided to remove them to clean, resulting in a slightly torn O-ring.

I too am very detail oriented/want all the parts that might fail on-hand. So far I don't know what to stock, so I just bought a few O-rings in case I too become obsessed with taking them off. The M4 is a good tool. It is a tough tool. It is tougher than you are.

Yea, I've been meaning to get some replacement O rings ... I guess I'll add it to the list.