Something won't come out of my barrel...

Nikolai552

Without seeing the barrel it is hard to say what it is. What some people do is get a long rod with very fine steel wool on the end, then chuck it up in a drill and try to get it that way.

I would think that one would have to be very careful doing that for fear of scratching the barrel. I don't know for sure because I have never had to do it.

The only thing that could possibly be touching the inside of the bore from firing modern slugs would be the cup, or sleeve. Try wiping the bore down with a patch soaked with acetone, you can get it from the paint dept. at China-Mart. After using acetone, use plenty of gun oil or other preserative, as the acetone will remove ALL traces of oil, and will cause rust. Hope this helps.

It appears to be a slime or some sort of layer on the inside of the barrel that i can not remove with ANYTHING. Any ideas? It's in a smooth bore barrel and all i have ran through it recently are slugs. :confused:

Ummmm...check with your healthcare provider. :p

Seriously though, buy a "tornado" brush, that will get it out. Those bristle-brushes just suck for getting lead out.