Anyone have any interest in a standard SuperNova stock?

Nikolai552

Does it still reduce a fair amount of recoil? Obviously not as much as the Comfor-Tech i know that for sure.

- Ran into a problem, i don't know how to get it off and mine didn't come with a manual. Don't mention the online version my computer refuses to open it. I know you have to get the recoil pad off but how is that done?

Edited by Nikolai552

Does it still reduce a fair amount of recoil? Obviously not as much as the Comfor-Tech i know that for sure.

- Ran into a problem, i don't know how to get it off and mine didn't come with a manual. Don't mention the online version my computer refuses to open it. I know you have to get the recoil pad off but how is that done?

First, Im not sure how the recoil reduction is with the SureGrip vs ComforTech stock as I immediately installed the SureGrip (pistol grip) upon arrival. But, the pistol grip offers very good control and seems to allow you to really bury the stock into your shoulder. Plus, I feel like it places your wrist in a more "natural" position.

Now, for the removal. I think you need to pull up or push down (cant remember which, offhand) on the pad as you are pulling it away from the stock. From there, just take off the bolt, bolt plate and the "shims" you find between the stock and the receiver. When installing the pistol grip stock, I believe you will, as I did, need to remove the metal "o-ring" that you should find installed at the front of the stock. Now, this is assuming this is going on a SuperNova tactical or the like. You will know whether or not you need it. I did not as I couldnt fit the stock onto the stock rod with this part installed.

Also, the SureGrip stock should come with a small rubber spacer which fits into the lower base on the front part of the stock. This also, in my case, was not needed.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help or have more questions!! BTW- What shotgun will this be going on? That would help. Good luck.

K..That makes it easier. Just read my previous post. That should get you started. Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Oh..and to quote the owners manual about removing the buttpad...."Grasp the bottom of the buttpad and pull upwards." Do this while simultaneously pulling away from the stock. Yes..its tough. Be sure to have a FIRM grasp on your shotgun when doing this. Particularly when taking it off for the first time or so.

Also, just thought of this, if you are having a very hard time with this, you might try warming the pad with a hair dryer. Just dont get it too hot. But, this should make the rubber more manageable.

Edited by shotgunNoob