SBE II question

A'bomB

Hello gentlemen. As you can see Im new to the board. Im sure there are threads like this by the dozen, but here goes anyways. I've had the 2 for 3 years now and not once had a problem until this year. Im stove piping rounds left and right. I have cleaned the ejector #'s of times. Pulled the spring from the stock, cleaned and lightly oiled. Oiled the rails. You name it! I love the way this gun shoots! Im mostly a waterfowler so mostly 3 and 3.5 inch shells go through this gun. I need help. Im tired of explaining why my $1400 gun wont work. What are some upgrades I can do to this gun to make it the monster it should be?

Thanks guys, Adam

Where is hog wild when you need him. What you are going to here on here is take it apart tip to bottom, Clean every nook and cranny, lightly lube it where it needs to be lubed and if that don't work call Benelli C.S.

After all that you will here just shoot it and shoot it a lot to break it in.

I have owned several of these and it seems some of them are more finicky than others.

Hello gentlemen. As you can see Im new to the board. Im sure there are threads like this by the dozen, but here goes anyways. I've had the 2 for 3 years now and not once had a problem until this year. Im stove piping rounds left and right. I have cleaned the ejector #'s of times. Pulled the spring from the stock, cleaned and lightly oiled. Oiled the rails. You name it! I love the way this gun shoots! Im mostly a waterfowler so mostly 3 and 3.5 inch shells go through this gun. I need help. Im tired of explaining why my $1400 gun wont work. What are some upgrades I can do to this gun to make it the monster it should be?

Thanks guys, Adam

How many rounds have you put through it? Have you considered a worn out or faulty extractor/ejector as the culprit?

Thanks guys, Adam

CS would be place to start, 301-283-698 think it has a 5 year warranty! How did you break the gun in and what lubes do ya use?

CS would be place to start, 301-283-698 think it has a 5 year warranty! How did you break the gun in and what lubes do ya use?

I have a Hopps kit I use to clean everything I have. As for the rounds through it... Id say I have over 100o 3.5 inch shells alone. Heavy Shot 1 5/8's I was wondering about the extractor also. The problem with sending it off to Benelli is I cant afford to lose the gun for a month right now. It coming in to prime time right now for geese. Trust me when I say this thing is clean. So you can rule out the cleaning.

Sounds like it needs Benelli/Smith TLC? i would suspect an ejector or extractor with damage or maybe needing adjustment? Sounds like definitely an issue needing work:D

Does it with any round/all rounds?

It cycles the 3.5's the best. Most of the time it chokes is with the 3's I shoot. I'v tried to shoot quite a few different loads because I was starting to suspect the loads I was shooting.

I haven't tried any of the 2 3/4 loads so I have no idea how that would pan out. What about the sure cycle?

i would put Benelli stuff in it, Sure Cycle is expensive stuff and no reason for new spring as long as you have been shouldering it tightly! i think it's in your bolt group myself! or close to it! Plus it's still in warranty!:) no reason to make it a 1500.00 stovepipe! what flavor are the 3" shells?

Winchester supreme elite's 1 1/4's! They should have no problem either. I dont shoot any garbage loads through it. I wonder if she's just getting warn out? What are some options to customize the SBE II? I want to make this thing as badass as possible?

Edited by A'bomB

Winchester supreme elite's 1 1/4's! They should have no problem either. I dont shoot any garbage loads through it. I wonder if she's just getting warn out? What are some options to customize the SBE II? I want to make this thing as badass as possible?

http://www.surecycle.com/default.asp

The sure cycle BNL-04 for sbe II!!! I have one and it has made me a believer after two spring snow goose hunting trips and not one jam. Also no jams on many other day hunts. Sounds to me I was having the same fustration.

Edited by Duckboat