Benelli SuperNova Questions

ffemtopy

:)Hello,

I just ordered a Benelli Tactical Supernova with GhostRing, Pistol Grip 18.5in Barrel Black and I have a few questions. I Ordered a +2 tube extension "Nordic-Components" for it from cactus Tactical and I wanted to make sure that the Benelli Nova Extension will fit on the Supernova being that there is no special one for the Supernova. Its item number EXT-BR-12-02. Next I ordered Meprolight night sights for it. How hard are they to install? And just some general questions. Can I shoot slugs with the 18.5in barrel? Is there a recoil Reducer in the stock or is that only made on the Reg Nova? Thats all the Questions I have for now. Oh and is it normal for special orders to take 6-8weeks for delievery? I guess its coming straight from the factory.

:)Hello,

I just ordered a Benelli Tactical Supernova with GhostRing, Pistol Grip 18.5in Barrel Black and I have a few questions. I Ordered a +2 tube extension "Nordic-Components" for it from cactus Tactical and I wanted to make sure that the Benelli Nova Extension will fit on the Supernova being that there is no special one for the Supernova. Its item number EXT-BR-12-02. Next I ordered Meprolight night sights for it. How hard are they to install? And just some general questions. Can I shoot slugs with the 18.5in barrel? Is there a recoil Reducer in the stock or is that only made on the Reg Nova? Thats all the Questions I have for now. Oh and is it normal for special orders to take 6-8weeks for delievery? I guess its coming straight from the factory.

First off, I have the EXACT same configuration as you. This includes the Nordic Components +2 mag extension tube. Yes, it will fit and should end up roughly 1/4" or so behind the barrel. The part number you referenced seems to match. Just in case, if THIS (see below) is the one you ordered, I feel you should be good to go.

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/nordic-components-benelli-nova-beretta-extrema-magazine-extensions-p-1224.html

Might I also suggest the Nordic Components follower ( the gold one). Its probably not a bad idea to replace the sh*tty plastic follower which came with the gun.:D I did.

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/nordic-components-gauge-shotgun-follower-p-1257.html

Now, for the Meprolight thing, I cant say. But, from what I understand, sights arent that hard to deal with. However, if you dont want to mess with this, Im sure any competent gunsmith could install them for less than $20.

And yes....you can shoot slugs through this gun. Keep in mind, since this is a smoothbore shotgun, use rifled slugs..not the Sabot type! Also, no recoil reducer comes standard on this gun, that I know of. Congrats on your purchase!! You will LOVE the pistol grip......

Edited by shotgunNoob

ah ok was worried there for a second. Yeah just ordered them. I have a g2 flashlight on my ar i'm gonna just switch it over to the shotgun. I'll buy anotherone some time down the line when I have cash again. I dont know whats more the shotgun or the accessories lol. The main reason for me buying the shot gun right now is 18.5 in isnt really used for hunting so obama will probably find a way to ban it. Plus I've been wanting it for a long time and its a good excuse for the wife

Edited by ffemtopy

ah ok was worried there for a second. Yeah just ordered them. I have a g2 flashlight on my ar i'm gonna just switch it over to the shotgun. I'll buy anotherone some time down the line when I have cash again. I dont know whats more the shotgun or the accessories lol. The main reason for me buying the shot gun right now is 18.5 in isnt really used for hunting so obama will probably find a way to ban it. Plus I've been wanting it for a long time and its a good excuse for the wife

Hopefully Obama will let the firearm thing go...who knows. But that is another issue all-together!! Anyway, I agree about the accessories costing so much. Not to mention factory replacement parts, particularly the barrel(s), are VERY expensive. For this reason, my next shotgun will be a Remington 870 Police. However, I still like my Benelli even though it will probably become a safe queen once I grab a Remington.;)