Not taking our guns but ammo is going...

Sandman

On the bright side, a number of these bills were introduced earlier this year in various states but never made it out of committee. That's what happened here in WA, anyway.

Still, I have a pipe dream that ammunition would refuse to sell any non-coded ammunition to government agencies in states that pass this kind of legislation...

While I certainly agree that this election season has marked a scary time for gun rights, I read the provided link for NY and laughed out loud at the absurdity of it. Not just the absurdity of it, but the absurdity of the thought that this legislation could ever POSSIBLY pass in current form.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A10259

Not only that ... trust me, I live in NY in a "city". I realize that there are "laws", and then there are laws. I realize that cops obey "laws" to the point of covering their own ass. and then obey laws to the extent that they feel obligated to.

Even in libtard states like mine, this would have to come after lots of other "NEEDED CRIME LEGISLATION" in order to stand even a chance of passing. Lots of other bills will have a higher chance of passing, lets see...

-Importation of foreign mil surplus ammo will be banned under guise of not wanting to fuel the blood arms trade

-Sale of demilled ammo will be banned, under 100 different reasons

-Huge ammo tax

-Microstamping firing pins, to "help solve crimes", because it's not like a file and 10 seconds will render this useless.

-Requiring multiple external safeties, trigger locks, safes, etc for storage, ala MA and the glock ban

-Banning all ULTRA DANGEROUS COP KILLER AP AMMO, since we all know hollowpoints are best at penetrating 3a vests.

-High cap mags for sure are gonna get hit, maybe down to 5 rounds, if not all semis

-50s are banned because they shoot down planes on a regular basis

Besides ... "all handgun and assault weapon ammunition

manufactured or sold in the state to be coded by the manufacturer."

As in ... a serial number on the brass?

Lol, I can just see it now,

"YO SON DONT FORGET THE BRASS CATCHER, WE CANT BE HAVIN THESE PO PO TRACKIN OUR AMMOZ"

Edited by Duggan

Whoever does not live in California is still doing OK. Here we have so many laws and restriction on guns and ammo. In major cities they already take a copy of you ID amount of ammo purchased and your right thumb print. So here it is already scary.

Do they have a law which prohibits your moving to a free state?

Frankly, Im so sick of all of this worry regarding guns. Yes, I think its a potential cause for concern and yes I am against legislating LEGAL gun ownership. But, if it happens, it happens. Just keep buying your firearms, ammo, accessories, etc. and most of all..enjoy them. Let the future take care of itself. Its not as if we havent been here before...right?

I think the most likely areas that would be hit would be ammo cost and mag capacity. Now, regarding a "5" round limit or a complete ban on semi-autos...I just cant see that extreme. Also, banning HP ammo? Id like to think not. In spite of what was mentioned earlier, Im inclined to believe that any quality/current standard vest can deflect most HP rounds (see link). It always seems to be the rifles that pose the majority of problems when it comes to penetrating vests...not handguns or shotguns. If Im wrong here...oh well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletproof_vest

Yeah, yeah..I know its the "choose your own definition" site..but still.

What people don't understand is that none of these laws past and present have had any affect on crime especially gun related crime. To think that banning certian magazines, ammunition and types of guns now in 2008 will have any affect is assinine. The stupid crazy ass that wants to kill people will find a way no matter what. He most likely won't be buying his gun or ammo legally anyway so whats the benifit of a new set or regulations? During the last bills being passed for gun control people in Washington openly admitted they just wanted to disarm people and it wasn't about crime.

What people don't understand is that none of these laws past and present have had any affect on crime especially gun related crime. To think that banning certian magazines, ammunition and types of guns now in 2008 will have any affect is assinine. The stupid crazy ass that wants to kill people will find a way no matter what. He most likely won't be buying his gun or ammo legally anyway so whats the benifit of a new set or regulations? During the last bills being passed for gun control people in Washington openly admitted they just wanted to disarm people and it wasn't about crime.

Disarming the law-abiding public just for the sake of leaving them without weapons is truly scary. Do they think we are all going to rise up and start shooting cops, innocent bystanders and our families? It would almost be funny if it werent so insanely stupid and scary. Politics....:mad:

Didnt Australia go through this as well if Im not mistaken? They, based on what information I have gleaned, banned firearms under the premise that it would alleviate gun related crimes. You can imagine how well that turned out. :rolleyes:

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/aus.html

http://www.gunowners.org/hlr-au.htm

(These are merely the first "interesting" links I found regarding this topic.)

Taking guns "out of the loop" will only take us back to the days of the knife, spear and bow+arrow. If Im not mistaken, those can be every bit as deadly as any firearm. This is all ridiculous...absolutely ridiculous.

I guess the only alternative would be to defend our homes with compound bows and chainsaws. No joke.

Edited by shotgunNoob

All these Bills authorize that future ammunition after a specific date is to be ENCODED. The bullet will have numbers coded on it.

I went through every State and read every Bill proposed.

Alabama-Nothing

Arizona-Coded Ammo (C.A.)

California-Nothing

Connetecticut-C.A.

Hawaii-C.A.

Illinois-C.A.

Indiana-C.A.

Kentucky-C.A.

Maryland-C.A.

Mississippi-C.A.

Missouri-C.A.

New Jersey-C.A

New York-C.A.

Pennsylvania-C.A.

Rhode Island-C.A.

South Carolina-C.A.

Tenessee-Nothing

Washington-C.A.

A couple of these States mention that if you have UNCODED ammunition after a certain date, you are in violation of the law.

NONE of these laws ban ammunition, slows production, restricts volume purchases or requires a special permit.

States have been requesting Coded ammunition for over a decade. I don't know of any State that has actually passed the Encoding Law.

The only people to blame for nonsense or restrictive laws are the people who do not get involved and people who vote for candidates that are anti-gun or anti-2nd Amendment. These are the people I hold deep resentment boiling in the direction of hate which equels total revulsion toward.

Every gun owner needs to look at only one position of each candidate and only one position. Is the candidate pro or anti gun? The rest of their postions (taxes, roads, education, unions, foreign relations, etc.) mean nothing in the grand scheme of firearm ownership.

If you do not, you reap what you have sown.

Have a nice day.

It appears to me that, at this juncture, we might be creating our own problem. I went to our local WalMart today and thought maybe I should should pick up an extra case or two of shotgun shells just in case they started going up like our gasoline did during the hurricane season, given the current state of affairs. I found NO 20 gauge shells left on the shelves and very few 12 gauge left and they we already marked up over $20 since last week. Panic situation... just like WE created with the gasoline thing a few weeks ago. Gas got up over $4 during the hardship (here in Texas during the hurricane), mostly due to supply & demand (and panic), but I filled up my truck at $1.54 a gallon yesterday!

Be cool, lay back, send money to NRA or join if you're not a member. These guys can do the MOST good for us at this point I think. I think the majority of congressmen probably also like to hunt/shoot and if they they don't it is our responsibility to make them feel the proper amount of pressure from US to take care of us... (or lose their jobs!!!) (Most) All the failed attempts in our various states to screw things up for us have failed so far... that is witness to what I am saying. Most (good) congressmen know who they are representing.

Let's hang together on this!

Join NRA and write YOUR congressman and tell him how you feel about your rights. But don't PANIC!

The whole panic buying of ammo and guns was the most pathetic thing I have seen for quite a while. How the **** are all these people going bankrupt and are unable to pay bills but yet can come up with $1,000 to buy a assault rifle on a whim? All of this BS goes back to society as a whole going to **** in a handbasket. Rather than cracking down on gangster wannabe's and nutbags we just make more laws that affect people as a whole. The people of the USA need to wake up and realize we elect all of these people and they should give two cents about us doing so.

Guest Serial Crusher

In addition to supporting the NRA or another such association, we should be emailing and communicating with our representatives. It is easy and fast, and you don't have to write a masterpiece to get your point across. More than likely your representatives have a webform on their site that allows you to select the issue, and means you have to do less to explain your position.

There is only one main problem.

NONE OF YOU have addressed why this is being done.

It is being done beause the government has grown top-heavy and fears it's populace, thus it wishes to disarm them.

Think about it. I know we all dislike the platform Obama, Biden, Clinton, ect. stood on, but also look at this. NONE of those 3 are stupid people. If they were stupid, they would not be in the positions they are in. They know darn well that guns don't cause crime, and that crime rates where guns have been made illegal have soared. Yet they want to do it here. Why? Because that is part of their agenda in securing the ultimate supremacy for themselves.

Look at history, I think you will see this exact scenario has played itself out dozens of times in the past, state supremacy flying under the flag of "benefitting the common good."

The only reason writing to your senator may help is because he fears for the very thing he is trying to consolidate with this legislature--his position of power.