Setups and Accessories

ChrisAK

I recently purchased both an M4 and an M2 Tactical, and am simply overwhelmed with the after market options for both of these. Being brand new to the tactical shotgun world, I'm interested to see/hear what others have to say regarding what some of the best accessories for both of these shotguns are.

Both are basically home defense shotguns that I wanted to purchase before they get banned.

What accessories do you guys have on yours?

What's essential, what's overkill and what's simply a waste of money?

Any parts that one should have more than one of?

I'm eager to hear what other owners of these Benelli models have to say!

-Chris

well well,,big decisions,,money is crucial,,no side saddles,,yes to oversize controls,,,,mag extensions yes ,no pistolgrips,,the factory Benelli standard stock with a limbsaver precision fit,,mmmmm yummy great,,unles your going hunting at nite,,save your money and get more ammo,,flashlites are overreated and expensive,,,now optics,,theres only one ,,Burris optics,,,stick with a modified choke on your m2 like your M1014,,thats about it,,there will be somelse along to suggest also,,,bye,,ps; get some slings and cases

well well,,big decisions,,money is crucial,,no side saddles,,yes to oversize controls,,,,mag extensions yes ,no pistolgrips,,the factory Benelli standard stock with a limbsaver precision fit,,mmmmm yummy great,,unles your going hunting at nite,,save your money and get more ammo,,flashlites are overreated and expensive,,,now optics,,theres only one ,,Burris optics,,,stick with a modified choke on your m2 like your M1014,,thats about it,,there will be somelse along to suggest also,,,bye,,ps; get some slings and cases

Im just curious...why no side saddle(s), pistol grips or lights? Now granted, these can be fairly expensive add-ons and come with their own set of probs, but they usually prove quite useful. For instance, side saddles are nice for the obvious reasons although, due to the aluminum receiver, can become a pain in the a**. Still..useful nonetheless. Pistol grip stocks, I believe, allow for greater versatility and frankly, better control. The weapon mounted light thing is subjective, to say the least. However, given a "home defense" situation, Id rather have one on the gun than not...just in case. Ever try to manipulate a shotgun while holding a flashlight? It can be done, but its not easy.

However, if I had to boil it down, I would go with a mag extension first, followed by a weapon mounted light and last but not least, a high quality sling (preferably a 1 point/2 point).

For these I use Nordic Components, InSight and E.R.T. Oh, and since I do have an ammo carrier/side saddle....Mesa Tactical. I have a receiver mounted unit for now and if things go bad and the screws/threads strip out..I have a stock mountable carrier as backup.

Edited by shotgunNoob