R1 Wishlist - List what you'd like to see changed or added

tucker301

I wish I could give you a link or something. I know for a fact that they'll be releasing the R1 Comfortech soon (hopefully before february) but that doesn't do you folks a whole lot of good, unless you really feel like trusting me (won't be offended if you don't, though smile.gif ).

I guess they've been being harassed a lot by our glorious BATFE lately about their high capacity shotguns, too. May want to pick one up if you've been waiting for the opportune moment. Apparently their tactical stuff is being examined with the scrutiny that only the ATF can provide, even though Benelli's imported them for YEARS. Not "sporting" enough for us silly civilians to handle, I guess. After all, firearms aren't meant for anything dangerous (mysterious music...fade to black). Such is such.

Can you say, "backorder". We'll all be happy campers, come 2007. Then again, the Cordoba's have been much more available than I had expected (unlike the Supersport debacle) so maybe Benelli will surprise us all. They listen to their customers/distributors more than most companies, it's just the 'availability timeline' that kills me.

Do you know if you can you retrofit a Comfortech stock to an existing firearm?

• 1 month later...

- Give it M4S90 traits such as tactical furniture and

Battle worthiness .

- To accept m14 magazines in the 308 model.

- 26" barrel in the 300 Winmag model.

- Iron sights.

- Wish it was made here so the BATF would allow

all of the cool stuff to be added and imported.

- Or make it so us civies can do our own mods

like with the Saiga and VEPR imports.

Albeit pricey, iron sights are available from dealers.

As for the high capacity mags. and the tactical add-ons, the R1 is a hunting rifle, not a GI Joe gun.

There are plenty of other options in that market from HK, Beretta, etc.

It wouldn't hurt for Benelli to offer one, but many of your wishes take the R1 out of it's intended market and put it in another one altogether.

Another model number would be in order for such radical changes.

Tucker you asked what we 'wished' for so you should not get all sour pussed when some of us want a tactical hunting rifle. Heck, even Benelli stresses the "Battle proven ARGO system" with both their RI and M4.

That is good business savy because your so called GI Goe rifles and shotguns are very popular among hunters today and for good reasons that I should not need to get into. Just look at all of the tactical Remington 7400 being promoted. Why Browning and Benelli have not jumped on the ban wagon may have something to to with BATF.

You say that Beretta and HK our filling our semiauto tactical niche and the BM59 and CETME are great rifles but I think they stopped making them before I was born. Here is just one of thousands of articles that may help you:

http://www.entreprise.com/News/Articles/guntestapril_99.htm

Most importantly though is that no rifles that I know of have come with the ability to shoot both a magnum and 308 win cartridge by simply switching magazines and bolt face.

Maybe I am wrong but I feel that the RI has extreme tactical potential.

[ 07-11-2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: moracho ]

All I'm saying is that the radical changes proposed by you constitute a different model rifle altogether, rather than changes to the current R1.

Do a dream gun, call it R3T, and have at it.

As far as Berretta's Tactical offerings, please take a look at the Cx4 Storm . I don't think that was made before you were born.

HK offers the G36 line as well as the beefy 416's . again, these designs look a bit fresh to be older than yourself.

Tucker301

The R3T then is what I wish for and I kinda like that HK 416 that you showed.

I have a question to you that may be a stupid one and was asked on another thread but I have not recieved an aswer to it yet.

What are the differences if any between the magnum and 308 R1 barrels besides length?

Tucker103

So what you are actually telling me is that I could shoot the 308 out of the Benelli R1 300 wsm barrel with just a simple bolt-face change but not out of the 300 Winmag barrel?

[ 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: moracho ]

No!

Although the action lengths are the same, the chambers are different to accomodate the different sized cases. It's more than just bolt face.

This is why the barrels are caliber specific to start with.

There are numerous short action and numerous long action calibers, but each would require its own chamber dimensions to accomodate the various case sizes.

22-250 is short action, and so is 220 swift, but you still need a different barrel for each, because the cases are different.

• 3 weeks later...