SBE1 Ejection Problem

SKFOOTER

I have a 1995 or 1996 model Super Black Eagle 1 I bought new that has recently started to not fully eject the fired hull completely. It almost comes all the way out but hangs up just enough to keep it from coming out completely, thus not allowing the carrier to bring the 2nd shell up to the barrel. This is with both 2 3/4 and 3 inch heavy load shells. I always keep this shotgun in immaculate condition, breaking it completely down several times each year for cleaning. I removed the stock and thoroughly cleaned and lubricated the recoil spring, but this did not solve the problem. The extractor and extractor spring both seem to be in working order as does the bolt assembly. Any suggestions??

Does it eject properly when you cycle the bolt by hand?

If so, then you may need to replace the recoil tube.

I believe those earlier models weren't stainless steel and it's probably weakened or corroded internally.

Yes, it cycles properly while unloading. And the recoil tube appeared to be in good shape when I cleaned the recoil spring. I've been told that I should rotate the bolt head pin 180 degrees and see if this solves the problem. What do you think?

Mine is fickle with lubricants. If it has been cold your oil might be gaining viscosity and causing your malfunction, assuming no parts are worn. Benelli does recommend synthetic lubes. The colder it is the thinner the lube should be. I've used a can of Prolong(Automotive) spray and functioning has been flawless regardless of the temp. Just a thought.

I don't see where rotating the pin would help, but it's free, so try it.

If the action cycles properly by hand, then the energy being transferred yo operate it when firing is being diminished or impeded in some way.

Could be friction. Could be weakened springs or gunked parts, but something is robbing it of energy.

Make sense?