Benelli M4 or M2 Tactical?

SubSolar

I was looking to buy another semiauto shottie in case they get banned by the Obammunists. This one would be strictly for self defense so I wouldn't really need to use light loads. I am looking at the Benelli M4 or M2 Tactical because I don't have a Benelli yet and have heard great things about them. Here are the advantages I see for each one after researching:

M2 Tactical

About a pound lighter (6.75 lbs vs 7.75 lbs)

Greater capacity (5+1 vs 4+1)

Cheaper by at least $400 (some places $600)

Comfortech stock option

Inertia operated system can stay cleaner and easier to field strip

M4

More reliable if you add accessories like lights

Gas operated system can shoot lighter loads

Marines use it (possibly more rugged?)

Less recoil (although I'm not sure if you get the M2 with Comfortech)

Looks better

It seems like the M4 in black is a hot item and sold out at most places. Also the prices at gunbroker and some shops have gone from about $1550 to over $1800 now. Meanwhile the M2 Tactical can be found everywhere and the one I want is about $1150 (Comfortech stock and non-ghost ring sites). Am I missing something here? It seems like the M2 holds it's own with it being lighter, cheaper and holding an extra round. Many say the inertia system is cleaner and easier to field strip too. Is the big price premium for the M4 because the Marines use it?

I was looking to buy another semiauto shottie in case they get banned by the Obammunists. This one would be strictly for self defense so I wouldn't really need to use light loads. I am looking at the Benelli M4 or M2 Tactical because I don't have a Benelli yet and have heard great things about them. Here are the advantages I see for each one after researching:

M2 Tactical

About a pound lighter (6.75 lbs vs 7.75 lbs)

Greater capacity (5+1 vs 4+1)

Cheaper by at least $400 (some places $600)

Comfortech stock option

Inertia operated system can stay cleaner and easier to field strip

M4

More reliable if you add accessories like lights

Gas operated system can shoot lighter loads

Marines use it (possibly more rugged?)

Less recoil (although I'm not sure if you get the M2 with Comfortech)

Looks better

It seems like the M4 in black is a hot item and sold out at most places. Also the prices at gunbroker and some shops have gone from about $1550 to over $1800 now. Meanwhile the M2 Tactical can be found everywhere and the one I want is about $1150 (Comfortech stock and non-ghost ring sites). Am I missing something here? It seems like the M2 holds it's own with it being lighter, cheaper and holding an extra round. Many say the inertia system is cleaner and easier to field strip too. Is the big price premium for the M4 because the Marines use it?

I own both and like the M4 better. If you get mag extensions, the M2 and M4 are equivlent in capacity.

But I would ask if you plan to hang lights or optics on it. If you do, these will hang your M2 up. If not, the M2 may be best for you.

The lighter weight is also not always a good thing with full power loads!