Question

dukmann2

Is there a way to increse the force of the firing pin to the shell? I have a Super Nova that just recently started to fire maybe every fifth shell. Its a new box of Kents #2 steel. I also had the problem with Federal shells, so I bought a new box of Kents thinking it may have been the shells. The gun is 1 year old. Won from a D.U. dinner. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Is there a way to increse the force of the firing pin to the shell? I have a Super Nova that just recently started to fire maybe every fifth shell. Its a new box of Kents #2 steel. I also had the problem with Federal shells, so I bought a new box of Kents thinking it may have been the shells. The gun is 1 year old. Won from a D.U. dinner. Any thoughts? Thanks.

have you taken the pin out to inspect it?

As yet, no. I will take the gun apart this week when I have the time. Was hoping someone has had this problem before and knew what to do to correct it. Thanks.

I don't know anyone with your problem. Check out the pin, clean, and try shooting it again.

let use know.

Novaking

Is there a way to increse the force of the firing pin to the shell? I have a Super Nova that just recently started to fire maybe every fifth shell. Its a new box of Kents #2 steel. I also had the problem with Federal shells, so I bought a new box of Kents thinking it may have been the shells. The gun is 1 year old. Won from a D.U. dinner. Any thoughts? Thanks.[/quote

The bolt/firing pin assembly looks similar to a SBE according to a manual I looked at.

This might help

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14742

I have seen cases where the firing pin does not stick out of the bolt face far enough to strike the primer sufficiently because of residue on the back face of the Locking Head Assembly. See Tucker's cleaning instruction link on the above thread. To check, take the barrel off the gun, remove the bolt and push the firing pin forward as far as it will go. If it does not stick out very far this could be your problem. To fix, dissassemble the bolt and follow the instructions I (J J Mac) gave in the above link. It could be due to other problems as well but this is a place to start.