Benelli shoots high?? Got the remedy!!!!

MontefeltroPro

Recently bought a new Benelli Silver Montefeltro. Shoots high. There were previous posts that related to this issue. The gun comes with shims for the needed adjustment. The gun came with the "C" shim in it. After study and consultation, it took it apart and put in the "D" shim. Great results!!!: Now, when I mount the gun, I no longer am looking AT the barrel, but DOWN it like it should be! Don't know why they sell this gun with the particular shim installed, but at least we are supplied with the remedy. I wonder... do Italians have shorter necks than we do????

If you are having the same problems you can fix it... it ain't rocket science. You'll need a 13 mm deep socket, a phillips screwdriver, and some vaseline (or K-Y jelly if you are "over-sexed"). Follow the instructions in the manual. Good results should happen.

Recently bought a new Benelli Silver Montefeltro. Shoots high. There were previous posts that related to this issue. The gun comes with shims for the needed adjustment. The gun came with the "C" shim in it. After study and consultation, it took it apart and put in the "D" shim. Great results!!!: Now, when I mount the gun, I no longer am looking AT the barrel, but DOWN it like it should be! Don't know why they sell this gun with the particular shim installed, but at least we are supplied with the remedy. I wonder... do Italians have shorter necks than we do????

If you are having the same problems you can fix it... it ain't rocket science. You'll need a 13 mm deep socket, a phillips screwdriver, and some vaseline (or K-Y jelly if you are "over-sexed"). Follow the instructions in the manual. Good results should happen.

Shoots high. Hmmm. Better hand that gun over to me. ;)

What a revelation this has been.

Apparently, and who would have guessed this, the Benellis come with shims to adjust the drop and cast.

Something about people being different sizes or using different shooting styles. :confused:

Not crazy enough for you?

OK. Check this out.

They include INSTRUCTIONS on how to install them!!

I know!

Abso-f'ing-lutely insane, isn't it?!

• 4 weeks later...

I had a hard time when i got my m2 and it was shooting high , i had to go to the C shim plus higher front bead but now that i,ve got it shooting right i can see where benelli is ahead of the field with the differrent shims for different styles and size people . But it will kinda get you going when you buy a high dollar gun and then you have to tinker with it .

...But it will kinda get you going when you buy a high dollar gun and then you have to tinker with it .

C'mon, you don't really believe that a single gun setup is right for EVERYONE! (or, do you?)

Let's reason this out; either a gunmaker just throws a model on the market with the hope that it'll fit someone/anyone or they configure it to fit the average-build gunbuyer and, if you're not of average-build, you adjust it or pay someone to do it for you. (Maybe you think Benelli should come to your home and do it for you!)

• 4 weeks later...