highwall shu

highwall shu

I just bought my first Benelli, SBE11, 24" brl, comfort tech, but can't shoot it yet because I dislocated my shoulder this week. I got the Benelli because this spring I bought a Stoeger and when I patterned it for turkey hunting it was terrible. I should have known better, but wanted to save money. Sold it on consignment and that lesson cost me $100. I'd like informattion on determining need to use the drop shims. The instructions tell how to change shims, but nothing about how to tell if I need to change them. I'd appreciate any help you folks can give me. I will be hunting ducks, geese, sand hill cranes and wild turkey. This will be my go to shotgun from now on. Both of my nephews have SBEs and love them. I'm hoping that the comfort tech works well, I sent my Browning pump to Magna-Port because when using 3 1/2" turkey loads it kicked harder than anything I've ever shot, that was the best $140 I ever spent on hunting. Thanks.

There is info on the net about fitting a shotgun. Improperly fitted guns can increase felt recoil and misses. If you do not want to do it yourself, spend the money and have it done professionally. Find someone who fits for sporting clays/trap/skeet shooters. A pro will fit you correctly and you may learn something that makes you a better shot along the way. At least with the SBE2 you have adjustments with the comb height and length of pull.