Question on What Spring for M4 Extended Tube

l2azorback

Check with the guy on Gunbroker.com that sells the full length Titanium magazine tubes... he's got 'em!! He supplies our springs with his own design (in cooperation with W.C. Wolf Co... world renowned for their gun-springs) which are direct replacements for the Benelli M4 spring when using FL tubes. I have 3 more (springs) on order from him. He custom orders them in bulk from Wolff and according to him they are made to fill the void where others supply OEM length upgrades with full length tubes, his are +5" in length, from spring stock that is 15% stronger, and is MUCH less susceptible to taking a set. He currently supplies them with his titanium tubes only, until he gets his next production shipment. And yes he WILL sell them seperately. They are double wound at each end just like OEM, and have the exact same O.D. Nice thing about them vs OEM is they don't kink and get bent out of shape nearly as easy as the factory ones. Wolff springs are KNOWN to run about 3 times the cost of OEM, but they are worth it. He charges $12 for ea. spring, plus $5 priority mail to deliver. We're getting 3 for $41 to our door.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

The springs shipped today (Dec 22, 2008) from the factory. They should be packaged and ready to ship by the 2nd of January.

If interested please email [email protected] , let subject line read "M4 Spring Only", and you will be notified when they are in stock.

Thank you for the great responses, suggestions, and encouragement.

We are carriercomp

Edited by cleefurd
updated email for our New Store

The springs shipped today (Dec 22, 2008) from the factory. They should be packaged and ready to ship by the 2nd of January.

If interested please email [email protected] , let subject line read "M4 Spring Only", and you will be notified when they are in stock.

Thank you for the great responses, suggestions, and encouragement.

We are carriercomp

I look forward to getting the email from you once you have it in stock

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd
Just got the Desert Tan titanium magazine from GunBroker.com and the spring that came with it is perfect!!! The install was simple. Love the extra capacity.

Thank you!

We are updating our email address to correspond with our promised online store, which is nearing the January openning we assured.

[email protected]

Guest cleefurd

The stock spring always works most of the time regardless of who's tube it is on, the problem many have encountered, is knowing that it can and does fail under certain circumstances, and Benelli offered a LONGER stronger spring for the M1S90 employing the longer extension, as well as a LONGER stronger spring for the M4, which is very hard to find a part # for, much less a source.

The requests for "better springs" is always as old as the gun they are sought for. The threat of failure within an apparatus entrusted with our lives and liberty, is unconscionable if preventable to any meaningful degree. That coupled with fervent requests from people I've never met, is why I pulled my head out of the sand, and stopped defaulting to the general concensus.

The stock 11707/11717/1014 spring will eventually take a set, and under certain conditions (last round, aiming downhill, not firmly shouldered) may fail to produce shell to the elevator. The M4's I used in the Corps had the longer spring, which while lacking the high end properties common to a Wolff Gunspring, still afforded a measure of reliability few would dare to opt out on in favor of "apparent" suitability of a shorter spring. The magazine tube never takes a set, and providing it is internally honed, not dented, and of correct dimensions, it (the FL tube) will have no bearing on the feeding mechanism we know of as a spring and follower.

Only an optimal spring can make up for a marginal spring's occasional failings.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
I just used the stock spring with Socomguy's fine extended one peice mag tube and never had any problems.

On a lighter note;

By all accounts, Socomguy's tube is not substandard, when HIS users beg for a better spring, they do so knowing the spring is at fault, not the tube in their own experience.

This thread was started by a concerned M4 owner looking for a better spring, which we do offer.

From the book "A Message to Garcia" which was required reading for junior Marines I contend;

Rather than default to, "Why me?"

I subscribe to, "Why NOT me?"....

.... When it comes to answering the call to duty.

We are carriercomp

Our Custom "Extra-Power" HTCS Benelli M4 specific FL magazine springs can be purchased for $12 plus $5 USPO Priority mail shipping from;

kip@carriercomp

Subject line "M4 Spring Only"

Edited by cleefurd