Stock length of new SBEII 12 ga and recoil

BlackDogs3

I have a new SBEII comfort tech 12 ga on layaway and I noticed that the recoil pad is the 14" LOP but the actual LOP is 14 3/8" (actually I measure it at 14 1/4"). I contacted Benelli, and was informed that the most recent versions of the SBEII comfort tech have a lengthened stock so that folks wanting a LOP longer than 14 3/8" can be accommodated. I have already purchased a 13 1/2" LOP pad to use on my Super Sport 20 ga. My question is: How bad is the recoil shooting 3.5" shells with the SBEII using the 13.5" recoil pad?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a new SBEII comfort tech 12 ga on layaway and I noticed that the recoil pad is the 14" LOP but the actual LOP is 14 3/8" (actually I measure it at 14 1/4"). I contacted Benelli, and was informed that the most recent versions of the SBEII comfort tech have a lengthened stock so that folks wanting a LOP longer than 14 3/8" can be accommodated. I have already purchased a 13 1/2" LOP pad to use on my Super Sport 20 ga. My question is: How bad is the recoil shooting 3.5" shells with the SBEII using the 13.5" recoil pad?

Good info. I wanted this clarified. So the 14" LOP recoil pad is standard.

recoil is bad with all most all guns with a 3.5 " shell, get used to it! If you are recoil sensitive go with the 3 " shell just use ammo and chokes to compensate! you bought wrong shotgun if you can't handle some recoil!

Edited by HOGWILD

• 2 weeks later...

My new SBEII definitely came stock with a 14" LOP recoil pad, but the LOP is 14 3/8". With at least some of the new SBEII, you will have a 14 3/4" LOP if you use the 14 3/8 gel pad. The website does not say a thing about it. I had to wait (and wait, and wait) for a live person by phone to get the info about the "new" LOP on the latest batch of SBEII. To reiterate my question, has anyone compared the recoil using a 14" LOP pad to a 13.5" LOP pad. Is there much of a difference?