Any aftermarket m-4 telescoping stocks out there?

huklbrry

We are pulling the trigger now on 22 units. They will have OEM pistolgrips and cheekrests, and end user attaches his existing recoil pad. The entire skeletonized buttstock will be US made from titanium, with titanium takedown button and stainless spring within the button cavity.

Given the previous account, "What will they look like?" is as simple as referencing an original, and morphing the OEM casting into a stronger uni-body tig welded titanium buttstock, which can be had plain, or coated with black or desert tan Cerakote finish.

Price has yet to be determined, but is expected to be high due to small size of run dictated by parts availability. WILL be significantly less than OEM unit, while a near clone of it.

At least this way we are not looking at 10's of thousands$$ in tooling for injection molds, that may fail to materialize before BAD legislation, instead we are looking at imminent production.

Look for a posted price soon. And ordering details.

Ooorah!

With your stock, this does not mean that 922r has been satisfied if this part is installed along with a U.S. made full length mag tube? It only puts us on a path of reducing the number of imported parts correct? It does provide us with an option, other than Benelli for a coll stock. So we can have either your coll stock with standard length mag tube OR Benelli factory pg stock with standard length mag tube OR Benelli field stock(almost imposs to find) with U.S. made full length mag tube? Just trying to understand all this.

The whole 922r gives me a huge headache.:(

In either case, I am interested in your coll stock.;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd

The pics we have are of the previous run, and government property so they may not post. The 22 units we just committed to will take a few months to complete, and we will start with 3D model view of the intended outcome. As stated, picture an OEM unit, with the aluminum skeletonized casting replaced by a titanium assembly with stainless take-down button and spring. All progression will post in our new online store, which will re-open in very early January. Thank you again for the interest.It is deeply appreciated.

Guest cleefurd

Also please know that the "govt" photos were of a version of the tele-stock very different than the OEM stock, that while marketable, would not be well received due to production cost. The skeletonized titanium portion was cast in Wisconsin, and sent to us for all finish machining, along with the grip housing for the AR grips that was machined from billet, with lateral plunger hook above the thumb and forefinger for securing to a Zodiak skid's gear rope during embark in "rough seas".

I'm sorry but even if I could post those pictures, it would not be a fair representation the item currently in production.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
With your stock, this does not mean that 922r has been satisfied if this part is installed along with a U.S. made full length mag tube? It only puts us on a path of reducing the number of imported parts correct? It does provide us with an option, other than Benelli for a coll stock. So we can have either your coll stock with standard length mag tube OR Benelli factory pg stock with standard length mag tube OR Benelli field stock(almost imposs to find) with U.S. made full length mag tube? Just trying to understand all this.

The whole 922r gives me a huge headache.:(

In either case, I am interested in your coll stock.;)

Ask 5 different people that question, you are likely to get 5 different answers. FNH for example imports their shotgun (semi-auto w/ pistol-grip, and 5 rd tube), then swaps in an 8 rd tube for immediate sale to the public. By all appearances, their lead would indicate 922R is only an import restriction, until you read it yourself, after which you can realistically convince yourself or anyone for that matter, that so much as a simple repair to a post Nov 30, 1990 import shotgun is illegal. Yes Sir, we all get head-aches when we read it.

Edited by cleefurd

• 2 weeks later...
I would still like to buy one of your skeleton stocks when they are ready. Have you thought about offering a complete package with your bolt handle, mag tube/spring and skeleton stock? I would be interested in that and i'm sure others would be too.

Ditto - I'd be interested in a complete package too.

Guest cleefurd

Components are in-bound (shipped) to our location for the first 18-20 stock sets. As far as a package deal that does sound do-able for any stock recipient that does not already possess their own 7rd tube, and is looking for that as well. The progression will be posted as it occurs. I learned a long time ago not to make any big plans until AFTER attending the Annual Shotshow, since "dinner-table-think-tanks" tend to result in significant changes of plans. I asked Irv at Bar-Sto Barrels for a "time-line" a few days before he left for a Shotshow back in 1999, and a "few weeks" turned into 9 months after the work load he brought back with him. As I recall he bought out a scope-ring company and went nutzzz trying to keep the existing clientel. The only reason I am mention this, is that no Benelli specific plans will change (still WILL build roughly 20 tele-stocks as described, plus re-issue the bolt handles and extender nuts this year), and our AR15 rear sights we manufacture and sell through Creedmoor Sports will be available again as well (re-tooled the elevation wheel with a splined interface to the delrin coupler). Aside from that, along with continued production of our magazine tubes, we are going to focus primarily on new military/LE ventures, some of which MAY be made available to the public. Trust me when I say this, if I could clone about three of our best production gurus, these "lead-times" would all but disappear. I hate the hurry up and wait regimen that always seems to follow quality limitted production scale endeavors, but that's what we get for catering to the "upper-end" of the food chain where shotguns are concerned. Limitted demand, yet unwavering resolve to keep the source open so long as demand exists, and for that I am deeply grateful to each and every one of you who have sent inquiries our way. While we may not always answer promptly (very long days), we do read, consider, and act in accordance to all the feedback and opinions expressed within these forums. We are JUST LIKE YOU, we expect results, and have the same basic expectations of our equipment.... remember that's why we love what we do. We learn as much from your insight as we do our own, after all, we are using the same darn gear, so we expect your results are just as credible as ours! Keep up the AWESOME work.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

The OEM parts for the Benelli collapsible stocks arrived Friday Jan 8. There may be a few issues completing 9 of the 20 pistolgrip sections, but the other 11 received are already "gun-ready":). The "9 with issues" are new in sealed bag as well, but of a different order code which was "sans" the internals(nut/washer/washer block/block retention pin). ALL 20 are new in the sealed bag from Benelli. Those little pieces MAY be difficult to source since at least one, if not all 4 of those items are collapsible stock specific, and may be hard to justify direct from Benelli. I may be able to snooker their suppy chain, although it is difficult since the expense MUST be paid by me and not the taxpayer.... hence "snooker".

The OEM Benelli cheek pieces we received are brand new never installed, but were shipped in typical Benelli fashion for group replacement furniture.... all stuffed into a large freezer bag to gently burnish each other in transit (grrrrr). Not a significant blemish, just avoidable if they had cared. That is where it is at, as you can see, in progress, and not an empty claim.

Remember these will have all Benelli furniture, with the skeletonized metal portion being a Titanium USA made replacement manufactured by "carriercomp" to the highest standards. They will be documented during the manufacturing stages, on a web page that will be linked to our store, but we WON'T be accepting the gracious offers for pre-payments. Sorry, it is just that we are swamped, and would not want the resultant pressure to rush the job having customer's monies in hand. Prior to completion we will post an ETA, and list them accordingly. We are making the project public knowledge to guage demand, in consideration for a much larger run's justification.

The OEM parts for the Benelli collapsible stocks arrived Friday Jan 8. There may be a few issues completing 9 of the 20 pistolgrip sections, but the other 11 received are already "gun-ready":). The "9 with issues" are new in sealed bag as well, but of a different order code which was "sans" the internals(nut/washer/washer block/block retention pin). ALL 20 are new in the sealed bag from Benelli. Those little pieces MAY be difficult to source since at least one, if not all 4 of those items are collapsible stock specific, and may be hard to justify direct from Benelli. I may be able to snooker their suppy chain, although it is difficult since the expense MUST be paid by me and not the taxpayer.... hence "snooker".

The OEM Benelli cheek pieces we received are brand new never installed, but were shipped in typical Benelli fashion for group replacement furniture.... all stuffed into a large freezer bag to gently burnish each other in transit (grrrrr). Not a significant blemish, just avoidable if they had cared. That is where it is at, as you can see, in progress, and not an empty claim.

Remember these will have all Benelli furniture, with the skeletonized metal portion being a Titanium USA made replacement manufactured by "carriercomp" to the highest standards. They will be documented during the manufacturing stages, on a web page that will be linked to our store, but we WON'T be accepting the gracious offers for pre-payments. Sorry, it is just that we are swamped, and would not want the resultant pressure to rush the job having customer's monies in hand. Prior to completion we will post an ETA, and list them accordingly. We are making the project public knowledge to guage demand, in consideration for a much larger run's justification.

Great thanks, keep us posted, I'll be interested in buying one as long as it has an OEM/look/quality pistol grip

Cleefurd,

Please plan on making more.

With the recent hysteria/speculation going on top of the usual demand for Benelli OE items, I would bet you sell out in hours. If you doubt this, go ahead and

request deposits and see the results. LOL

Edited by 12508

Guest cleefurd

Thank You Duggan,

Leaving in a few hours for the Shot Show (7 hr drive) Already have plans to discuss larger scale runs with some colleagues. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

FYI

We are currently in the home stretch of finalizing the skeletonized portion. Many members prefer components that DUPLICATE the OEM version rather than merely "approximate" it. For this reason we are getting a quote on a 5 axis billet machined 7075 aluminum alloy clone in lieu of the titanium weldament. Depending on quantities this may reduce the expense.