Any aftermarket m-4 telescoping stocks out there?

huklbrry

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

We are currently in the home stretch of finalizing the skeletonized portion. Many members prefer components that DUPLICATE the OEM version rather than merely "approximate" it. For this reason we are getting a quote on a 5 axis billet machined 7075 aluminum alloy clone in lieu of the titanium weldament. Depending on quantities this may reduce the expense.

Per my PM, count me as an interested part too.

This should be great.

Guest cleefurd

Titanium would be stronger than the current casting. Our 3D model of the billet aluminum version has subtle beefed up regions in high stress areas where more material will be left on, as well as being made from 7075 series alloy. Net effect is OEM look, hard coat anodizable as opposed to painted, and considerably stronger than OEM.

just charge me now for one of the titanium ones and send it out to me when it is done. I want one of those bad and I want one soon. when will we be able to buy. If you took deposits now, you would at least know what you had to have up front. I can't see how you would not have at least a few hundred and most likely alot more at the prices and quality that you are talking about.

just charge me now for one of the titanium ones and send it out to me when it is done. I want one of those bad and I want one soon. when will we be able to buy. If you took deposits now, you would at least know what you had to have up front. I can't see how you would not have at least a few hundred and most likely alot more at the prices and quality that you are talking about.

I would second that as well...

Bigfeet

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

OK here's the deal. Obama's surgeon general has made it clear that we are morally bound to Mexico's safety at the expense of our second ammendment rights. That means they decide how we stock our toy box, with tentative plans that may make distribution/sale of these items illegal. Until now I have refused to accept pre-payments for a collapsible stock that has no clear delivery date, but have conceived a reputable way of DOCUMENTING prior ownership of the twenty we have on hand;

To OWN one of these stocks TODAY agree to the following;

• They cost $1 each!!
  • Agreeing to vouch for one will indicate immediate PRE-BAN ownership, for which I am STORING your item until finishing touches are completed.
  • STORAGE/DELIVERY MAY cost up to $950 each, and not be charged until they ship. (storage/delivery fee may be less depending on how much I have to spend storing them until delivery)
  • They may be billet or titanium weldaments of equal or better quality than OEM, with OEM furniture included. Guaranteed MADE in USA.
  • If you vouch for one now, and they subsequently become contraband, in all likelihood it would be illegal for me to transfer your ownership of it to any other party, as this would constitute a new sale.

If you agree to these terms, and intend to honor your word, then email me subject line "SOLD" at [email protected]

I can definitively validate expenses per unit ;

$725 per billet (have quote from Sonju Industrial);

$60 per furniture set

$22.86 Recoil Pad

$67 pins, machined stainless buttons screws and widgets.

$874.86

Essentially I would make NO money after my time and expenses. This is a patriotic calling if nothing else, to deliver a product that embodies freedom of choice while it still exists.

OK here's the deal. Obama's surgeon general has made it clear that we are morally bound to Mexico's safety at the expense of our second ammendment rights. That means they decide how we stock our toy box, with tentative plans that may make distribution/sale of these items illegal. Until now I have refused to accept pre-payments for a collapsible stock that has no clear delivery date, but have conceived a reputable way of DOCUMENTING prior ownership of the twenty we have on hand;

To OWN one of these stocks TODAY agree to the following;

• They cost $1 each!!
  • Agreeing to vouch for one will indicate immediate PRE-BAN ownership, for which I am STORING your item until finishing touches are completed.
  • STORAGE/DELIVERY MAY cost up to $950 each, and not be charged until they ship. (storage/delivery fee may be less depending on how much I have to spend storing them until delivery)
  • They may be billet or titanium weldaments of equal or better quality than OEM, with OEM furniture included. Guaranteed MADE in USA.
  • If you vouch for one now, and they subsequently become contraband, in all likelihood it would be illegal for me to transfer your ownership of it to any other party, as this would constitute a new sale.

If you agree to these terms, and intend to honor your word, then email me subject line "SOLD" at [email protected]

I can definitively validate expenses per unit ;

$725 per billet (have quote from Sonju Industrial);

$60 per furniture set

$22.86 Recoil Pad

$67 pins, machined stainless buttons screws and widgets.

$874.86

Essentially I would make NO money after my time and expenses. This is a patriotic calling if nothing else, to deliver a product that embodies freedom of choice while it still exists.

e-mail sent :cool:

Guest cleefurd

Close to a G yes, at the most. It's easier to send a final bill for less, than to speculate low and eat the loss. Sonju Industries makes billet AR 15 upper and lowers in high quantities, and quoted me $14500 for twenty billet stocks. To put it into perspective, asking them to build just ONE would cost nearly $5000. A 5 axis trunion machined billet clone of the Benelli stock is not cheap, and it appears as though we MIGHT not have time to invest $75000 for a run of 200 in order to trim $500 off of the price... wish we could. All I am trying to do is get the 1st twenty OWNED for worst case scenario, and simultaneously get the one time $3000 engineering fee behind us; Then if the climate permits, and PRE-BAN quotas can be made for a run of another 200, then we would be looking at $500-$600 price ranges. These are trying times, and I would never gouge ANYONE I promise. I am merely attempting to side-step the possibility of holding a bag of twenty US made collapsible stocks that can never be sold, by WARNING potential buyers that the end price is still vague due to unknown production variables.

In a perfect world, I would have the luxury of time on my side, and produce 300 at a time, where-in I could conceivably build and sell them for less than half of what a mere twenty will cost.

Guest cleefurd

Recall previously I was working on a systematic release.... then the Surgeon General made his ominous comments, that left me wondering if I would wind up with twenty door-stops by not somehow allowing them to be "vouched for" in advance.

Recall previously I was working on a systematic release.... then the Surgeon General made his ominous comments, that left me wondering if I would wind up with twenty door-stops by not somehow allowing them to be "vouched for" in advance.

Well ... It's a complex issue, trying to gauge whether or not they will attempt another AWB in the near future.

On one hand you have Eric Holder running his mouth about the presidents agenda, spouting out every classic moronic statement from "gun show loophole" to "cop killer bullets", and you have the AWB listed on whitehouse.gov under the urban crime policy section ...

On the other hand you have Harry Reid saying he would not vote for it and likely would block it from the senate, you have Nancy Pelosi saying that nothing has been discussed and that they had no plans for one at the current time, you have a ton of people watching and waiting for it to come so that they can fight it tooth and nail (it was snuck in the first time), and it likely would never pass without a sunset provision. It barely passed the first time and it was stuck onto a much larger bill, and nobody was putting up a fight to stop it or raise awareness about it.

As much as I dislike Obama/Reid/Pelosi, they are not at all stupid people, and I think and hope that they have finally realized that gun control is a losing issue for them. They HAVE to retain it as part of their political platform to appease the base, but so long as they do not act on it for fear of being voted out, I guess it's an acceptable compromise, or the best we can really hope for.

I obviously don't have a crystal ball, nor do I trust any politician and expect them to remain true to their word ... but if I had to guess I'd say that nothing is going to be outright "banned" at this time. Even if the AWB was to come back, if it kept it's current wording and definitions (assuming existing guns were grandfathered), I don't really see how it would prevent you from selling and shipping accessories for preban guns ... The stock of an "assault weapon" is not illegal to own or use, it is just illegal to own and use if it is attached to a post-ban assault weapon. As I see it, even if the AWB was to come back tomorrow, so long as the wording was not changed, it would not prohibit existing "preban" m4s from being updated with aftermarket parts, assuming those aftermarket parts were legal to install in the first place.

They've said a lot of fluff about enforcing "existing laws that are on the books" lately ... I hope that means illegal handgun ownership and illegal gun crime, and not 922r violations and the like.

That said, I don't mean to rain on your business model or your attempts to ensure that these stocks get out to the users. I understand what you are trying to do and it truly speaks volumes about your character and the way your business is run, and I think many people will support you because of it.

As previously said, your work is much appreciated in this community and you're building up quite a reputation that I hope will benefit you in the long run.

I hope that you can build/sell these 20 stocks, followed by 2000 more stocks, without any legislation coming that would block you from doing so.

I guess we will all see ...

Very much appreciate what you are doing cleeford and am going to be in line when I can scare up $950. I was planning for the worst case of $550 from page 2 or 3 of this thread. One point, as a future physician, it was the ATTORNEY GENERAL, not the surgeon general.

During the entire AWB part 1 fiasco, were there any convictions of putting a collapsible stock on a postban receiver?

Guest cleefurd

Remember $950 is worst case scenario, I will not charge any where near that if I can avoid it. $550 if we get a reprieve from legislative rush to complete tempo that would allow frugal build mode. Oops... Attorney General yes! No disrespect intended.

Not sure about the prosecution/conviction track records from the first AWB go around. I'm almost certain no one from the older 922R has been charged, cited, or convicted.