26" or 28" barrel for M1

Nvar

I own a M1 Super 90 and am looking for a second "sport" barrel that I can use for clays & hunting. I cannot find one and Benelli says I would need to buy a M2 barrel with a M2 forearm since the M1 is out of production.

Does anyone know where I can get a 26" plus barrel for an M1?

Guest cleefurd

Update, I left a message with E.R. Shaw, if they call back I'll pass on any positive details. Numrich DOES have 26" and/or 28" offerings. Midway appears to have none. Hope this helps.

Guest cleefurd

OUCH indeed. A good chunk of that tag would be alleviated sans the paint job. Try contacting them to see if they have it available plain. Gunbroker.com has them occasionally, for less for sure!!

Guest cleefurd

E.R. Shaw called back. WOW that was fast. They said all they ever made for the Benelli was a slug barrel and that ended 17 years ago. Guess my long term memory serves, but moot/moot since slug bbl won't fit the bill.

Guest cleefurd

Yes the M1S90 designation will accept all M1 family barrels, the "Practical" designation on this barrel is manifest by the porting. Field would have rib, etc. This barrel in the correct guage will fit your gun perfectly, and unless Im mistaken, will work with your original hand guard.

Ok. I see a number of webhits for the Benelli M1 Super 90 "Practical." I'll take my stock barrel off tonight and compare it to the pic on the seller's web site just to make sure all looks the same. I'm suprised Benelli put such a large sight on the barrel. I'm used to little beads on the longer barrels.

Guest cleefurd

That one is mid size. Check the M4 front sight, it is larger still. It will take a little getting use to, but you can bag birds with it too. If you prefer more conventional sights don't despair or rush into it (sounds like you make educated decisions) There are always items that will match your preferences to a "T". Enter a search with them (Gunbroker) and set up an account with email notification when a match is listed. That way you can find one passively, weeks or even months out.