Legacy or Montefeltro in 20 ga / 24" for Dove & Quail?

Agua

About to pull the trigger here, and can't make up my mind. It appears the multichokes are the same; both available in 24", I'll be shooting dove and quail only and occasionally skeet. I plan on this gun being the last auto-loader I ever buy.

I'd *really* like input from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation. I just bought my last shotgun a week ago. (I used the same Remington 1100 for 35 years). Ended up being the Legacy. I would have been happy with a Montefeltro also but since this is my last I decided to go a little fancy. I hunt 95% quail, 5% Pheseant. I have one problem, getting the gun to fit me right (I'm 5' 10", 185 lb's). The Legacy comes with a shim kit so one can adjust the stock drop but I still see too much ramp when I mount the gun. I think a butt spacer may be in order but I don't want to mess up my stock. I emailed Benelli but they will not answer me back. No one on this site has been able to help either. I have not shot the gun yet. So Im back shooting the 1100 for now. :(

Agua,

The Legacy would be my choice between those two models.

Having the receiver designed like the SBEII (top half comes off with barrel) is an invauable asset when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.

I simply like the looks of it better anyway.

Blaster,

CALL Customer Service, don't count on e-mail.

As for not being able to achieve enough drop.

If you've maxed it out with the shims, then you're obviously going to have to take additional measures, such as professional fitting, adjustable buttplates, etc.

I'm not sure CS will be of much help.

Any idea why your physique or form is causing you to need so much drop?

Tucker. I think an adjustable buttplate would work. I'm just conserned about screwing up my stock. A professional fitting might be in order too but I live in a hick town and I'll have to wait till I get to the big city. It will probably take most of the bird season to get it fixed. What buttplate do you recommend? I'll check then out. thanks

Originally posted by Blaster:

Tucker. I think an adjustable buttplate would work. I'm just conserned about screwing up my stock. A professional fitting might be in order too but I live in a hick town and I'll have to wait till I get to the big city. It will probably take most of the bird season to get it fixed. What buttplate do you recommend? I'll check then out. thanks

You are about 1/3 of the way to the a couple of the best stock fitters around. They are in Polson Montana. They were recomended to me by several others and they are doing a but stock for my Beretta 682 Gold Sporting. After I get it back I will probably be having them do my M2 as well. They dont just bend things around. They will get it close in the shop then out to hte patterning board then back into the shop etc untill it is right.

Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.ssplus.biz/about.html

Mike :D

After toying around with both at a gun shop, I chose the Legacy. Both were two of the finest pointing guns I've ever handled (391 fits in there too). I thought of it in the same terms as Blaster & Tucker: might as well spoil myself. Going to break it in this weekend over a few crates of skeet then see what adjustments I need to make; I can see right now I'm going to have add some drop too.

Originally posted by tucker301:

Run a couple of boxes of heavy field loads through it to break it in. Clean it up and you should be good to go.

Buy some turkey loads and test your chokes for the best patterns at the ranges you want to hunt.

I'd suggest no smaller than 4's for a 20 ga.

Thank you, awaiting for the rain to stop...maybe I will be able to go to the range Saturday. I am looking forward to firing this Inertia Driven gun. I fired my husband's Browning (12g) a few years ago...iced my shoulder for three days. I gave his guns to our son last Oct. after his passing. He would be proud that I selected this weapon, after much prayer and research. Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Don't be discouraged if your scores are a little lower to begin with.

Typically, the Italians like to see a little more rib than most Americans, so the sighting takes a little while to get used to where the gun's hitting.

Play around with the various shims until you find the one you like the best.