Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MDgoosebuster

SBE II bolt retractor lever

How do you remove the bolt retractor lever? The manual says give it a firm pull, but the **** thing won't budge. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I have two SBElls. One comes out very easy the otherI have to grunt a little. It seems to be easier if I take all the pressure off the bolt. Push up on the chrome lever on the side and pull the trigger then try it. Mine seems to have a sweet spot where it just pops out...............Good Luck...Upland

On my SBE it sure was hard to first few times, it got easier each additional time.

Its called the bolt handle too.

The real stiffness in the new SBEll is the safety.. I have sat for an hour clicking it back and forth and can't seem to loosen it up. Both guns are so stiff, I don't think you could take it off with heavy gloves on...........Upland04

Wrap a shoe String around the base of the bolt handle and pull straight up,you'll seeeeee ;) -----------------M1014

I have to take a rag, wrap it around the bolt handle to protect it, take a pliers, and pull the pin out. I have a M1-90 and have never been able to pull it out by hand in the 4 years I've owned it.

Like Geno, on my SBE when I first got it, I put some leather around it, pliers and yanked harder than I thought needed and it popped free. After that it got easier, but I still pull pretty hard.

I've had 2 SBE's if you are haveing trouble with your bolt handle coming out thats not a bad thing, with a little practice you can take your gun apart without removing the handle. On one of the sbe I lost the handle while on a week long hunt in Ar. If I ever let the bolt down without a shell I had to use a screw driver to get it back open. Luckily the bolt handles weren't to hard to find. I guess this must happen from time to time. The SBE II I just got is real tight, but I pulled the handle out.