Firing Pin?

NovaDucker

I have a nova, and absolutely love it. the only problem i have been having is i am having quite a few misfires, and its been getting to me(missed many chances at ducks). anyone else have this problem and have a solution for it? tried cleaning it all out and a fresh coat of oil, and that helped for 2 shots. it is sporadic, and on any brand of shell ive tried. it is hitting light on the primer, there is a dent, but not enough to fire it.:confused: help?

That shouldnt be happening. The only problem I've had were shells not firing because they were wet. Have you took apart your bolt and looked at your firing pin? If its worn down (which it shouldnt be) your gonna need to have it replaced, if its not then make sure its inserted correctly. I've noticed Benelli's firing pins wearing down after about 7 years but yours should be fine

it does not look worn down at all.i just took it apart again, and cleaned it out again, and made sure there is nothing left, moisture, oil, or anything inside of the action again. hopefully this works. this isnt because they are wet, ive tried it on new from the box shells, and ones from my belt.

well no misfires today, and i made sure that the forearm was all of the way forward. operator error.

oh yeah, and today was a bust, they all left the ditches we jumped yesterday and went to the ones on the other side of the flats today. guy was there for 2 hours and got a limit. gonna give it another try tomorrow.

i think the ducks are gone from up here. jumped 3 mallards, a few of what looked like bufflehead, and saw only a few groups fly. or they just got smart and went to somewhere where we were not. again no misfires today, so i figured it out. everything is frozen here so it is all jump shooting the small ditches that arent frozen. hope ya had better luck than us