Brand New M2 - Cracked fore-end!!!

onehorse

This morning my wife bought an M2 for me for a Christmas present. When I got it home and began to assemble it, I noticed that the inside of the fore-end had a crack in it. The crack could not be seen until the fore-end was being slipped off the magazine tube. So now I have to send (at my expense BOTH ways) this brand new, not even assembled gun back to Benelli for repair. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

Anyone else had this problem, and how long might it take to get the gun back?

Edited by onehorse

Wood or synthetic?

Why not take it back to the dealer for exchange?

There's no need to send the gun in.

I had a similar situation with a R1 rifle a few years back.

I called Benelli CS and explained that the stock had cracked, but that I wanted to finish deer season before I sent it in.

They got a credit card number and sent me a new stock.

When it arrived, I swapped it out and sent the original one in.

Since I returned the broken stock in a timely manner, I was never charged anything on my card.

Benelli has a great CS department.

I can't promise they'll work you the same deal, but I can promise they'll do whatever they can to make you happy.

It's a synthetic. I'll take your advice and ask them if I need to send the whole gun back - maybe they'll just send the fore-arm. I don't think I can bring it back to the dealer because it was on sale and the only one of its kind that they had. And they say no returns on firearms. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!

I think they'll work with you on it.

Since it's synthetic, there's no concern for matching woodgrain and tone.

Unless it's a discontinued cam pattern, I'd expect you'll be getting a replacement pretty quickly.

Give them a call in the AM.

If you have any problems, send me a PM and I'll see if I can help in some way.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

This morning my wife bought an M2 for me for a Christmas present. When I got it home and began to assemble it, I noticed that the inside of the fore-end had a crack in it. The crack could not be seen until the fore-end was being slipped off the magazine tube. So now I have to send (at my expense BOTH ways) this brand new, not even assembled gun back to Benelli for repair. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

Anyone else had this problem, and how long might it take to get the gun back?

I've seen a few broken M2/SBE II forearms. Most are broken by the gun owner the first time they put it together. It's a very tight fit over the end of the mag tube, and can break fairly easily if improperly installed or when being removed.

Not one of my favorite bugs of the M2/SBE II :(

I sanded mine a bit to make it easier to remove.

Yours could have been broken by someone at the shop or maybe even by you without knowing it.

Glad to hear Benelli will take care of it :)