2005 Benelli

turkey

Does anyone know when Benelli comes out with the new models etc.? I've read and participated in a lot of posts regarding the SBEII. It is my understanding that this was the first year for the S.B.E.II. I am new to benelli. I have always heard that they were the best. I had been saving to buy a new turkey gun (Browning Gold probably) when a friend told me about the S.B.E.. I then researched the S.B.E.II and kind of got the fever for one. As I mentioned in another post I could not find one that was in very good shape. I've read several posts and heard of many concerns (ie; recoil pads comming off, finish,). I realize that problems often surface during the first year of a product's existance. I am curious as to how Benelli will address those concerns and to see if there are any changes in the 2005 models. If so I will wait til the 05's come out.

I know they are coming out with a n ew version of the SteadyGrip turkey gun in both the SBEII and the M2. If you are looking for a turkey sole purpose gun you can't beat it. But you can also get a regular field stock to attach for other hunting. I have one of the original M1 w/ SteadyGrip and I really like it. It's hard to explain why that grip makes a difference but it does.

[ 12-26-2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Butter Bean ]

From what I have heard, much of Beretta's (Benelli parent) marketing is going to be focused on the Xtrema II and other Beretta products. Sales on Beretta products are just so strong.

The Xtrema II is essentially a pure Benelli product with Beretta's very solid marketing features.

I am guessing this is the beginning of the end of Benelli. I would expect to see Benelli phased out by 2010. I am sure it will remain embedded in the Beretta line though.

Expect little new from Benelli from here on out.

mudhen - CA

Dear Mudhen,

Thank you for your comments. Your information is incorrect. First of all, Benelli is owned by Beretta Holdings not Beretta which is entirely different.

Secondly, the Xtrema2 was Beretta's answer to the SBEII with ComforTech because they were loosing major market share. In my opinion the SBE is a superior gun to the Xtrema as far as reliability, balance, weight and now with the ComforTech system, recoil and muzzle climb as well. But that's just my opinion and you are welcome to yours. As for their new hydraulic "Kick-Off" system it is much more complicated than the Benelli "ComforTech" system. It adds weight and has moving parts that are more likely to malfunction. Similar to the differences between their gas operating system and our superior Inertia Driven system.

Thirdly, the idea of Benelli being phased out to Beretta is just silly. Benelli sells more semi-autos by far than Beretta and as far as marketing goes Benelli has a better name in the semi-auto market so why would Beretta Holdings phase-out one of their flagship lines?

Lastly, Benelli is coming out with several new products this year and they will be posted on the website shortly.

Thanks for your interest,

Nelli Girl

[ 12-27-2004, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Nelli Girl ]

Here are some of the new products that I can tell you about:

R1 in .300 WSM and .270 WSM

Nova Field & Slug Combo, slug barrel is a fully rifled barrel with cantilever mounting system.

Cordoba, which is a sporting clays/hunting gun crosstrainer. Same as the SuperSport but with black synthetic stock, matte finished metal and black matte extended choke tubes. Jim Carmichel of Outdoor Life had some input on this one after hunting with us down in Cordoba, Argentina with the SuperSport.

M2 Tactical

M2 Tactical with ComforTech

Newly styled Montefeltro with the Crio System (12-ga, 20-ga and Lefty12-ga)

Newly styled Legacy with the Crio System (12-ga, 20-ga)

SBE II with SteadyGrip

M2 with SteadyGrip

And there are more and there will also be new product releases midyear.

As soon as we can get our catalogs to the printer we will update the website. Hang in there, we are doing our best.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Nelli Girl

Hi Nelli Girl,

Let me tell you how great it is to get a reply from someone who actually works for Benelli and is allowed to talk!

You guys have been suspiciously quiet on this board lately, which is too bad. I am sure you are under some legal obligation to limit your replies, but it still is unfortunate that your participation is so severly limited.

My information comes from via a manufacturer's rep group that represents Beretta Holdings companies. As you well know, in some areas, like here out west, the rep group decides what dealer gets to carry what Beretta Holdings product.

They give many reasons for why a particular dealer can or cannot carry a given line. While they dole out Beretta to everyone, they are far more selective on who gets Benelli. Their reasons involve matters of inventory levels, fair trade, etc.

Given that everyone has Beretta, and many are denied Benelli, the current buzz is that the new Beretta items like the X II are so revolutionary and functional that the dealers do not really need Benelli as badly as they think. Then they add in all the comments about how hard it is to get Benelli accessories versus Beretta, complaints about Benelli issues, etc.

Pretty hard to argue with a dealer in favor of Benelli when the there are so many factory options for Beretta products, like all the pre-fit Gel pads my dealer has in stock, and you can't get a new pad for a SBE II until May of 2005!!!

Add in that Benelli gets slammed here and in the field by every noodlehead that can't hold the gun firmly, and you have a recipe for this current Beretta love fest.

Just passing on the current buzz from the reps that market your product!! Gotta love sale reps......

My only question to you is; would you have replied on all the great new items if I had not passed on the info I have been hearing?......

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by Nelli Girl:

Cordoba, which is a sporting clays/hunting gun crosstrainer. Same as the SuperSport but with black synthetic stock, matte finished metal and black matte extended choke tubes. Jim Carmichel of Outdoor Life had some input on this one after hunting with us down in Cordoba, Argentina with the SuperSport.

Interesting. The Cordoba sounds like a field version of the SS or kinda like a M2.

I was wondering when we were gonna see a Crio in the Monte.

Thanks for the post Nelli girl, good read.

Originally posted by mudhen:

Hi Nelli Girl,

Let me tell you how great it is to get a reply from someone who actually works for Benelli and is allowed to talk!

You guys have been suspiciously quiet on this board lately, which is too bad. I am sure you are under some legal obligation to limit your replies, but it still is unfortunate that your participation is so severly limited.

My information comes from via a manufacturer's rep group that represents Beretta Holdings companies. As you well know, in some areas, like here out west, the rep group decides what dealer gets to carry what Beretta Holdings product.

They give many reasons for why a particular dealer can or cannot carry a given line. While they dole out Beretta to everyone, they are far more selective on who gets Benelli. Their reasons involve matters of inventory levels, fair trade, etc.

Given that everyone has Beretta, and many are denied Benelli, the current buzz is that the new Beretta items like the X II are so revolutionary and functional that the dealers do not really need Benelli as badly as they think. Then they add in all the comments about how hard it is to get Benelli accessories versus Beretta, complaints about Benelli issues, etc.

Pretty hard to argue with a dealer in favor of Benelli when the there are so many factory options for Beretta products, like all the pre-fit Gel pads my dealer has in stock, and you can't get a new pad for a SBE II until May of 2005!!!

Add in that Benelli gets slammed here and in the field by every noodlehead that can't hold the gun firmly, and you have a recipe for this current Beretta love fest.

Just passing on the current buzz from the reps that market your product!! Gotta love sale reps......

My only question to you is; would you have replied on all the great new items if I had not passed on the info I have been hearing?......

mudhen - CA

Mudhen,

If we have been quite it is only because we are very busy working on the 2005 catalogs, web updates, etc. It's just that busy time of year. There are no legal issues it's just that it would be a full-time job to answer all the forum questions. The forums are meant more for Benelli USA enthusiasts to have a place to talk about their personal experiences. So, if we seem to be quite it's not on purpose. Also, if you have specific questions that you would like an answer from someone at Benelli it is best to email or call our customer service.

The reason why it is harder to be a Benelli dealer than a Beretta dealer is because unlike almost all gun companies (Beretta included) we do not sell our firearms to someone just because they have an FFL. Our dealers go through extensive background checks and must be a store front/stocking dealer. Our dealers are truly "Authorized" dealers beacause we only sell dealer-direct. Our dealers are the cream of the crop.

Also, we have an entirely different sales force than Beretta. Therefore, no Beretta Sales Rep has anything to do with what dealers get to sell our guns. Think of it this way: We are separate companies and competitors. The only difference is we are owned by the same company.

As far as the dealers go . . . usually the only dealers that complain to us are the ones that we won't allow to sell our product.

Thanks,

Nelli Girl

Originally posted by Drundel:

quote:
Originally posted by Nelli Girl:

Interesting. The Cordoba sounds like a field version of the SS or kinda like a M2.

I was wondering when we were gonna see a Crio in the Monte.

Thanks for the post Nelli girl, good read. Drundel,

You may be confusing the Crio with the ComforTech. They are two separate systems. The Crio system being the cryogenically frozen barrel and lengthened CrioChokes. ComforTech being the stock system that reduces recoil and muzzle climb.

There will be a newly styled Monte this year that will have the Crio System but since the Monte only comes in wood it is not possible to have the ComforTech System.

If you like the long slender fore-end of the Monte the closest thing with a synthetic stock would be the new Cordoba (it has both systems). One of my favorite guns in the Benelli line is the Monte. I've had one for almost 15 years but after shooting thousands of dove in Cordoba, Argentina with a Cordoba prototype my new favorite is the new Cordoba. It doubles as a great sporting clays gun as well. Cross-trainers aren't just for sneakers anymore!

Thanks,

Nelli Girl

[ 12-29-2004, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: Nelli Girl ]

Originally posted by Irish:

Now I'm torn, buy the M1014 now or wait and see what the M2 Tactical looks like. I think I already know what you would suggest M1014, "Buy the M1014 then buy the M2 Tactical." smile.gif

you're so right about me,I feel so transparent,,,I'm already starting to save my pennies and dimes,--------peace to you and a safe new year ))))))))))M1014((((((((((((((((((

[ 12-29-2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

• 3 weeks later...

Beretta taking over the market share??? Please.

The M92 was a piece of crap when I was in the service. Jams and broke slides were the norm. You see 391's going down all the time at SC Tournaments with broke pistons and bent carriers.

The Xtrema I owned shot 10" left at 40 yards. Friggin Beretta said it was withing standards. 10" at 40 yards within standards????!!!! Kiss my hairy a--.

Beretta can keep the're products and market share.

On the other hand I have not had one single single problem with 2 SBE II's, a SuperSport, and 2 M1 20ga's that have been modified for my wife. I could not be happier with the products and the results.

What would I like to see in the future.

Extended choke tubes being the norm. They are easier to deal with, and I like the constriction being outside the barrel.