Help help help

BPUL2113

My son blew up a M1 barrell matte finish, bad ammo casued a stuck wad and he fired again blowing out the barrel about 4 inches from end.

I cut off the blown part and removed the vent rib, it was coming off anyway. Would like to salvage this barrell, but i need to thread the inside of barrell for the choke system. how do i do this?

My son blew up a M1 barrell matte finish, bad ammo casued a stuck wad and he fired again blowing out the barrel about 4 inches from end.

I cut off the blown part and removed the vent rib, it was coming off anyway. Would like to salvage this barrell, but i need to thread the inside of barrell for the choke system. how do i do this?

VERY FIRST THING!!!!!!Contact the ammo manufacturer, with the lot number of the boxes of the ammo you were using. In cases such as this, there may be other complaints besides yours, due to production line problems, such as the shot filling function, failing to fill the cup.

I bought three boxes of .357 mag. ammo, all from the same lot that were not filled with powder when assembled at the factory. Upon contacting the factory, I returned the 3 boxes, received apoligies, and a case of new .357 ammo. In my case, there was no damage, and no one was hurt. They may pay for a new barrel for you, it wouldn't hurt to try, (also check for recalls on that lot number).

The barrel should not be used again under any circumstances.

There may now be weakened and stressed sections in the remaining piece. This can be a danger to the shooter and anyone around him.

Bad ammo?

Bad how?

Did it get wet?

Was it stored properly?

How old was it?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the manufacturer's fault, unless it's Fiocchi... then it's definitely their fault. :cool:

Guest cleefurd

So long as you did not discard the damaged end, they should be able to readily identify/acknowledge whether or not it was from one of their barrels or not. If they can't categorily exclude any of it's characteristics as being non-Benelli, odds are they will take you at your word. Benelli will blame the ammo, Winchester might blame you. The gun didn't blow itself up, and you had every right to pull the trigger on the rifle/ammo combination, call Winchester and you'll probably get a fair shake. Did you at least take PHOTOS???

Oh yea... paint that barrel yellow, and stick it on the counter next to the lemons before you even think about it's still being useful.