M4 vertical fore grip *NOW W/ PIC'S*

d

I have been working on a viable and simple solution to the M4's lack of a VFG and with the flush of mag tubes available I have finally come up with a prototype.

I simply took a steel picatinny rail and welded it to the mag tube in a comfortable place, then trimmed a relief in the fore grips to allow access to it. It does not interfere with disasembly or function and is not aparent when the foregrip is unatached. I will post pictures when I have time. regards, -d

[ 09-26-2006, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: d ]

I will post pics tomorow. And I am right there with you guys. I have a back up mag tube and a pair of spare forends. So I figured - what the heck. My next project will be to hand lay a carbon fiber forend that will be custom fit for my mods. regards-d

bvfgside1.jpg

bvfgside2-1.jpg

bvfgtop1.jpg

There is RTV silicon on the cut edges (to finish) of the handgaurd, it looks very slopy in the photo (because of the flash reflection) however in reality it is very clean and can not be distinguished from the factory material.

bvfgtop2.jpg

bvfgfull1.jpg

[ 09-26-2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: d ]

Originally posted by wingbone:

now you need to weld a bayonet lug to that tube and you'll be set!...there was a thread a while back, you never know when that bayonet could come in handy smile.gif

wingbone,,your fast becomming a rising star on this forum,,those cool screws and a bayonet is the way to go :cool:

[ 09-28-2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Originally posted by M1014:

quote:
Originally posted by wingbone:

now you need to weld a bayonet lug to that tube and you'll be set!...there was a thread a while back, you never know when that bayonet could come in handy smile.gif

wingbone,,your fast becomming a rising star on this forum,,those cool screws and a bayonet is the way to go :cool: chuckles~ thanks old man, but you'll always be like the Lord Vader of the M1014 smile.gif