US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

I'll make the changes. Are AR15's legal to own in Canada? I have a patented rear sight I sell direct to the military, and to Creedmoor Sports, that will be back in production this spring.

The only restrictions for AR's in Canada is that they have to have a mag pinned to only hold 5 rounds and of course, semi-auto only.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only restrictions for AR's in Canada is that they have to have a mag pinned to only hold 5 rounds and of course, semi-auto only.

O yes,i forgot that little detail:)over here in Canada we have to pin our mags at 5 rounds for riffles. They're are a few exception that are considered like pistols,those can have a mags holding 10 rounds.

The maximum capacity for pistols is 10 rounds in Canada.

Thanks for the refresh ejts

Edited by Northern Lights

Guest cleefurd
Yes they are legal to own in canada and thanks for making the changes so quickly It will be a good business move on your part i'm sure

Done!

Up front I'll state the UPS aspect necessitated a $3 handling fee per transaction, since it requires that much in gas and time to reach the drop off point. UPS won't do pick-ups in the area of our shop unless we had a frequent account, but our only call for that would be Canadian shipments (U.S. Mail for all other shipments). Hope that is acceptible, as we don't mind the errand, just the burnt petrol and minutes. We appreciate the nudge for Canadian commerce, and are pleased to be of service!

Thanks for your prompt action! I wish all vendors were as accomodating:D I'm having a problem choosing a shipping method though, I am getting an error "Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the recipient" in the shipping method screen.

Guest cleefurd

Just a guess here... If you're a Canadian resident, I think you have to specify UPS rather than USPO for delivery, if that matches your selection, then either you have a recently updated postal code that UPS does not recognize, or I'm out of guesses. One thing I am positive about, is either that answer was helpful, or it was way off base on several or all counts... but I'm trying.

Guest cleefurd
Thanks for your prompt action! I wish all vendors were as accomodating:D I'm having a problem choosing a shipping method though, I am getting an error "Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the recipient" in the shipping method screen.

One other thing I have seen in some shipping calculators, is the required use of a "-" between the main code and suffix when used. Just a space will error.

I'm having the same problem as ejts,if we leave a space in the postal code it goes to the next step which we arent able to chose the carrier because of an unknown reason but if we write with no space in between,it really creates an error and we cant go past that screen.

Just a guess here... If you're a Canadian resident, I think you have to specify UPS rather than USPO for delivery, if that matches your selection, then either you have a recently updated postal code that UPS does not recognize, or I'm out of guesses. One thing I am positive about, is either that answer was helpful, or it was way off base on several or all counts... but I'm trying.

I have never been able to order from the states in the past and have UPS deliver my merchandise.I'm clueless as to why but have always been given USPS as the only means of delivery from the states,their must be a reason why and i think it has to do with the fact only USPS as a contract with the canadian post to deliver their mail here and vice versa.I've heard that in the past but i'm just guessing here.

It would be nice for those that want to pay extra to have the ability to choose AIR SHIPPING from a carrier like Purolator,They never failed me in 24 years.

Have you looked into that possibility Kip?

One other thing I have seen in some shipping calculators, is the required use of a "-" between the main code and suffix when used. Just a space will error.

if we write with no space in between or with a - ,it really creates an error and we cant go past that screen.

The furthest i can go with my order is when i write my postal code like this:

A1A 1A1

this creates an immediate error:

A1A-1A1

Thanks for the quick adjustment Kip and i'm sure you'll solve the problem soon.

Eric

Edited by Northern Lights

Guest cleefurd
Tube ordered!.

:confused: No tube, but your spring order processed. :)

Let me know if there was an error. Spring will ship directly.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

No american express option = :(

Then again, if I ran a business I wouldn't take AMEX either.

From what I understand, AMEX/Discover providers have to factor in a cost padding that makes up for the obnoxious card fees, which is why most people avoid offering it. I'll research it a bit more in the coming weeks, and see if it would be feesible to include.

Yea sorry, I meant spring ordered. Alcohol FTL.

As far as Amex goes, I beleive they have a 4-5% fee, instead of the normal 3%. It's been awhile since I looked though ... I just know they charge a percentage or two more. They are hands down the best card for the consumer though, imo.

Guest cleefurd
I have never been able to order from the states in the past and have UPS deliver my merchandise.I'm clueless as to why but have always been given USPS as the only means of delivery from the states,their must be a reason why and i think it has to do with the fact only USPS as a contract with the canadian post to deliver their mail here and vice versa.I've heard that in the past but i'm just guessing here.

It would be nice for those that want to pay extra to have the ability to choose AIR SHIPPING from a carrier like Purolator,They never failed me in 24 years.

Have you looked into that possibility Kip?

if we write with no space in between or with a - ,it really creates an error and we cant go past that screen.

The furthest i can go with my order is when i write my postal code like this:

A1A 1A1

this creates an immediate error:

A1A-1A1

Thanks for the quick adjustment Kip and i'm sure you'll solve the problem soon.

Eric

Got it. If I understand correctly, UPS is NOT an option for Canadians, and USPS errors when the appropriate destination code is entered....

If that is an accurate account, I'll approach the CS dept for a resolution on my next call. Also curious; Is this just your experience, or does it seem to be a prevalent grievance among Canadian consumers????

Got it. If I understand correctly, UPS is NOT an option for Canadians, and USPS errors when the appropriate destination code is entered....

Correct!

If that is an accurate account, I'll approach the CS dept for a resolution on my next call. Also curious; Is this just your experience, or does it seem to be a prevalent grievance among Canadian consumers????

I think it's the same for all canadians,we dont seem to be able to choose our own carrier,when we choose USPS,we dont have any choice but to bear with canadian post because once the package arrives at the border,Canada post takes charge of it till it reaches destination in Canada.And right now it's a pain in the *** because Canada post employees are using desruptive tactics to force the government to accept their conditions and demands,this means our packages gets lost our become uterly late.

Can you do purolator ?

Guest cleefurd

I'll definitely look into it, as I would hope the same in turn if the tables were reversed. On my end I'll see what is involved to include them (Purolator) as shipping option for Canadians.

Yes Sir. I apologize for that. We have been so immersed in establishing functionality of the site, that we have yet to notify anyone directly of the availability. The store will now accurately process your order.

Still a good deal of refinement to do over the coming months, to include additional products and a link to our manufacturing, history and development web pages. Aimed at giving people a much more detailed look at our history, and endeavors both past, present, and future.

Thanks, I've already placed my order for the spring thru your website. I'll report back once I get it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

Materials on-hand for our next batch of fifty tubes (yes they do now include the FREE premium W.C. Wolff extra power springs). We suspect this run will get us past back-orders and into surplus inventory, at which time we should be able to budget machine time for the bolt handles (yes finally), which we will then post to the store; www.shop.carriercomp.com

http://photos.carriercomp.com

www.carriercomp.com

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Had a buyer inquiry which needs to be addressed;

Q: Will these fit M1S90

A: No they are designed specifically for the following Benelli M4 models; M1014/11707/ and 11717.

Hope this eliminates any confusion.

Guest cleefurd

Customer suggestion;

Kip,

The magazine arrived yesterday.

I was thoroughly impressed all the way from the packaging to the craftsmanship of your product. As a suggestion, I think you should include your replacement/installation instructions with the item or have it available in this website. Not just Gunbroker.com. Also, maybe a blurp in the instructions to insert a flathead screwdriver to slightly open the spring retainer prior to placement into the new magazine: since the new spring is stronger. The installation was a piece of cake.

I look forward to seeing new items from your company.

Thanks again,

Eric

Utah

Eric, will do!! Thank You.

Edited by cleefurd

• 1 month later...
Guest cleefurd

Our cost on titanium just went up but our M4 Full Length magazine tube's price remains fixed, thanks to streamlined production costs attributed to high order volume. The "Desert-Tan" option, as well as bare titanium in "Muted" or "Bright-Polish" are standard items at no increased cost over the OEM parkerized tone ("DG") finish option, and do NOT require special order. The fit and finish are flawless, with zero blemishes, tool marks, or coating defects. Instructions are now included (no need to download), along with free W.C. Wolff premium spring.

It has been suggested that aerospace grade Titanium's reduced weight is over-rated... um, just makes a comparitively heavy shotgun lighter by nearly 1/3rd of a pound. Simple physics with the added advantage of absolute corrosion proof characteristics (can never rust like steel DOES in GI issued M4's), at a price that trumps ANY hint of hype. Won't rust and exceeds OEM specs per strength in every collumn of the data-sheet. Our Ti tube is valued at $177 when the $12 spring is factored out. To answer a member's PM it is $196.75 delivered including the premium spring. It would be over-rated if we charged more-for-more than a comparable aircraft grade steel unit, but we prefer to charge less-for-more, ignoring the market value and charging what we would charge a true friend... a fair price based on production cost rather than supply and demand re-calculations.

The material for our upgraded Picatinny rails has arrived, and when complete will be hard coat anodized with our batch of completed OEM reproduction choke mounted recoil reducers, of which we made 42. They (reducers) each come with a heat-treated stainless steel extended choke in "IC" bore for use with anything up to and including slugs. They are laser engraved and work in either Beretta or Benelli barrels with no modifications. They are the first repro reducers to have the faithful OEM forward angled 1st rows of holes angled forward, which creates an "out-draft" that enhances efficiency of the final 4 rows of holes just like Benelli's original version. Once the Picatinny rails are completed and return from anodizing, both new products will be listed in our web store.

Thank you for all the great product suggestions that lead to these developments. We'll post pics of the reducers soon (not yet anodized) if anyone is interested in seeing their progress and current status.

Edited by cleefurd

• 2 weeks later...

Kip,

I just installed my titanium tube on my M4. I wanted to post a note here to as a testimonial to the quality of product offered by Carriercomp.

Nice work.

I have ordered several aftermarket parts for various weapons. This product is of the highest quality I have ever seen. The enclosed directions were clear and easy to follow.

After removing my factory tube, I compared it to the titanium tube. The new part was considerably higher quality than the original.

I ordered the OEM Parkerized finish. The Cerakote was flawless and matched the barrel perfectly.

Everything was impressive from the packaging, instructions, replacement spring to the procuct itself!

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more products from Carriercomp in the future. You have one hard to please, but very satisfied customer.

Dave