US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Thank You Dave. WOW! While our pending product releases have taken time (Like premium paint.... dries the slowest), giving customers MORE than they expected is what accounts for our modest production rates. We include steps in our manufacturing and QC that take much longer to complete. Not because we have to... but because we thrive on delivering excellence. There are manufacturers, and there are craftsmen, both of which fulfil a need. Premium craftsmanship is generally not required with what we provide.... So why do we do it you may ask? Because of feedback like this, which means more to us than you'll ever know.

Thank You for the kind words,

Kip Carrier

Edited by cleefurd

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kip,

I just installed my titanium tube on my M4. I wanted to post a note here to as a testimonial to the quality of product offered by Carriercomp.

Nice work.

I have ordered several aftermarket parts for various weapons. This product is of the highest quality I have ever seen. The enclosed directions were clear and easy to follow.

After removing my factory tube, I compared it to the titanium tube. The new part was considerably higher quality than the original.

I ordered the OEM Parkerized finish. The Cerakote was flawless and matched the barrel perfectly.

Everything was impressive from the packaging, instructions, replacement spring to the procuct itself!

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more products from Carriercomp in the future. You have one hard to please, but very satisfied customer.

Dave

Yeah, my factory tube is crap. It has a dent in it right out of the box, lol. I cannot wait for Kip to ship me my tube, and yes, I am trying to be patient.

From all accounts Kip's products are second to none, and quite frankly, I think Kip is a very personable guy to deal with.

I ordered one myself a few weeks ago and cant wait to get this sucker in the Mail. Got the Heatgun, Locktight, and a bunch of other new tools waiting for it!

Also looking forward to the Titanium charging handle since its out of production with Design Concepts.

I ordered one myself a few weeks ago and cant wait to get this sucker in the Mail. Got the Heatgun, Locktight, and a bunch of other new tools waiting for it!

Also looking forward to the Titanium charging handle since its out of production with Design Concepts.

Same boat. Bought a strap wrench, heat gun and LOCKTITE yesterday. Actually, went to buy a drain trap but while I was there I figured I'd get what I needed to do the job right.

I have Ti rail on order, dying to order the new rail when available and the charging handle too.

Glad to support a fellow Marine, especially one that does such nice work in support of our M4s !! :)

Edited by BigHat

Same boat. Bought a strap wrench, heat gun and LOCKTITE yesterday. Actually, went to buy a drain trap but while I was there I figured I'd get what I needed to do the job right.

I have Ti rail on order, dying to order the new rail when available and the charging handle too.

Glad to support a fellow Marine, especially one that does such nice work in support of our M4s !! :)

All I needed was the heat-gun and lok-Tite (on both my M4's). What are you guys using a strap-wrench for? :confused:

Strap wrenches are for girly men with low hand strength!

Well, I have never done it so have no idea of the effort required. Thanks for sharing one of your frequent condescending remarks.

Duggan, based on a total assessment of all your posts you strike me as an old, fat ***** with a big mouth. I'd put my hand strength as well the rest of my body against you in a second.

Edited by BigHat

bighat calm down, Duggan just ribs people nothing serious, besides whats the fun in going to a forum without a little humor.

If its any consolation a strap wrench can be used for a lot of other things besides gunsmithing so its not like you threw money away.

bighat calm down, Duggan just ribs people nothing serious, besides whats the fun in going to a forum without a little humor.

If its any consolation a strap wrench can be used for a lot of other things besides gunsmithing so its not like you threw money away.

Well, I bought it for chrome plumbing uses I needed to do right away, but figured it might avoid scratches on the factory tube if it required more than a hand twist. Like I said, I have no idea of the effort required. So for those that have done it, why not just say it isn't on that tight, and if heated, you can twist it off with your hand?

If he can rib people, we'll see how well he can take what he dishes.

Well, I have never done it so have no idea of the effort required. Thanks for sharing one of your frequent condescending remarks.

Duggan, based on a total assessment of all your posts you strike me as an old, fat ***** with a big mouth. I'd put my hand strength as well the rest of my body against you in a second.

:(

This is disturbing.

Other than that, I would wager that Duggan would best you in any physical competition/fight as you obviously have no clue who he is yet you are making assumptions. I know Duggan pretty well, but I don't know you. Why don't you give us something to base our bets on? Stats? Pix? Anything?

:(

This is disturbing.

Other than that, I would wager that Duggan would best you in any physical competition/fight as you obviously have no clue who he is yet you are making assumptions. I know Duggan pretty well, but I don't know you. Why don't you give us something to base our bets on? Stats? Pix? Anything?

Well a 6'3" 200 lb former Marine. But admittedly, who knows - maybe he's Bruce Lee's cousin. That aside, he's an *******. Why not share his experience, rather than insult a new guy with less experience? I wouldn't have responded like that to him if I had done it before and knew it wasn't that hard to remove once heated. Isn't the point here to share knowledge rather than be a punk?

Well a 6'3" 200 lb former Marine. But admittedly, who knows - maybe he's Bruce Lee's cousin. That aside, he's an *******. Why not share his experience, rather than insult a new guy with less experience? I wouldn't have responded like that to him if I had done it before and knew it wasn't that hard to remove once heated.

Or instead of blowing up over simple things you could have said something witty and humerous. Any number of things would have enhanced your rep, made us all laugh, and gotten a more favorable response.

Example:

*Duggan: "You have girly hands"

*You: "Just because they are soft doesn't make them girly. Means I just use a higher grade of jergins during my Me Time than you do you cheap *******."

See? Everyone would have gotten a chuckle, or at least cracked a smile and moved on. Instead, we get this.

You seem very sensitive to harmless jibes for a man who claims to have made it through a USMC boot-camp (where, I learned, they do NOT teach one to fight, if my experience fighting with USMC green-belt instructors and the like is valid).

200# is kinda light for 6'3" unless it is pretty shredded. That puts you at a BMI that is roughly equal to mine, and I am a pretty small guy in my book. Then again, I hang out with people who most call monsters. What is your body fat % at? If you are rolling single-digits and 200#, that is pretty formidable!

ETA: One time Duggan "insulted" the manliness of my hands. I don't think ANYTHING NEAR this rediculous occured.

Edited by Unobtanium

Guest cleefurd

Gawd! I leave the room for 5 days and a new episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" is written. Who needs Hollywood writers with THIS material?

Big Hat... the best response I've ever had for Duggan was something to the effect of; "I admire your candor", since I wasn't quite sure what inflection mode his key-board was set to... stun or bi_ch-slap. Duggan just says what he's thinking. No harm in that.

Now for the strap wrench, I use one. (Work smarter not harder). I'd compare it to trying to twist a shovel stuck in thick mud. It will turn with focused effort, but no veins will burst in your eyeballs. You won't need it if you don't have it.

Gawd! I leave the room for 5 days and a new episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" is written. Who needs Hollywood writers with THIS material?

Big Hat... the best response I've ever had for Duggan was something to the effect of; "I admire your candor", since I wasn't quite sure what inflection mode his key-board was set to... stun or bi_ch-slap. Duggan just says what he's thinking. No harm in that.

Now for the strap wrench, I use one. (Work smarter not harder). I'd compare it to trying to twist a shovel stuck in thick mud. It will turn with focused effort, but no veins will burst in your eyeballs. You won't need it if you don't have it.

That's only because he hurt his hand pretty bad a while back doing man-work. Not because he's girly, so don't go there. :p

You are right, I never help anybody and I am very old and obese.

Well, I bought it for chrome plumbing uses I needed to do right away, but figured it might avoid scratches on the factory tube if it required more than a hand twist. Like I said, I have no idea of the effort required. So for those that have done it, why not just say it isn't on that tight, and if heated, you can twist it off with your hand?

If he can rib people, we'll see how well he can take what he dishes.

You "have no idea of the effort required" because you did not do a simple search for one of the dozens of times this issue has been discussed before.

I have probably explained the tube removal process 20 times over the past 3 years on this site.

I get tired of repeating myself, so I stepped up the ultra harsh insult of questioning your manliness and hand strength, and low and behold, "DEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!" is your response.

Well a 6'3" 200 lb former Marine. But admittedly, who knows - maybe he's Bruce Lee's cousin. That aside, he's an *******. Why not share his experience, rather than insult a new guy with less experience? I wouldn't have responded like that to him if I had done it before and knew it wasn't that hard to remove once heated. Isn't the point here to share knowledge rather than be a punk?

I pushed a girl off a boat in second grade, does that me a tough guy?

I also punched the school nurse when she tried to remove a splinter from my hand. I guess I'm a woman beater too. :(

Edited by Duggan

Ut oh, I better get out my full auto Thompson airsoft gun that I modified to shoot Midol.

Some receivers are tougher than others. Depending how old the gun is, how many rounds have been shot. How liberal the application of loctite. The strap wrench is a good idea though. It allows you to handle the tube while it is hot.

Ut oh, I better get out my full auto Thompson airsoft gun that I modified to shoot Midol.

Some receivers are tougher than others. Depending how old the gun is, how many rounds have been shot. How liberal the application of loctite. The strap wrench is a good idea though. It allows you to handle the tube while it is hot.

Tube should not get hot. Besides, you grab the tube at the furthest point from the reciever so as to apply more leverage with your twisting.

Maybe it's not all those years of abusing myself, but rather the intelligent use of body mechanics that allows me to get away with never having had to use a strap wrench on my M4's.

• 4 weeks later...

I received my Ti extension tube last week. Installation was a breeze. A little heat around the receiver and mag tube for about 60 second, a twist using a glove and presto! Unscrewed without a hitch. Cleaned up the receiver threads with acetone, applyed blue loctite to new mag tube threads and screwed it in. Hole job was less than 20-30 minutes.

Great product and service.

Benelli1.jpg

Benelli2.jpg

Edited by mickey d

I received my Ti extension tube last week. Installation was a breeze. A little heat around the receiver and mag tube for about 60 second, a twist using a glove and presto! Unscrewed without a hitch. Cleaned up the receiver threads with acetone, applyed blue loctite to new mag tube threads and screwed it in. Hole job was less than 20-30 minutes.

Great product and service.

:eek:

*On a serious note, both my M4's took a little more work than that. I have a 1000* heat-gun and I had to roast her, twist, roast, twist, etc.