US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, mine is also a 1000watt gun.

Oh sick burn. I checked mine again. 1200W baby!

Maybe they put more goo on mine. Who knows. I doubt there is a "spec" for how much of that crap they put on the tube. Depends on who put it on there and what kinda day they were having.

No doubt. I was amazed it was so easy.

Plus, all the LocTite can out with the old tube. That was nice.

How much was there? On mine, it was caked into almost every thread, all the way around. If the top pic is what it looked like just after removal, you got about 20%, maybe less, of the amount mine had.

No doubt. I was amazed it was so easy.

Plus, all the LocTite can out with the old tube. That was nice.

Good scoop. Thanks. I have the same heat gun as you, so maybe the is really much ado about nothing. Hope to get my new tube NLT early next week and will share my experience regarding the install too.

How much was there? On mine, it was caked into almost every thread, all the way around. If the top pic is what it looked like just after removal, you got about 20%, maybe less, of the amount mine had.

It was only on the side you see, very little, but obviously enough. Perhaps some assemblers get over zealous with the goo.

It's easy, just be patient.

Yes, it was.

Don't have my mag. tube yet, but felt like taking the old one off just now. Thanks to Mickey for noting the smoking LocTite. I had to go to a higher temp setting too and couldn't get it to budge until it did start to smoke like yours. I was able to twist it off with an oven mitt despite the big gob of LocTite that was on there (covered all the way around). Mine came out of the socket cleanly too. Just a tad of residue on the top thread.

Thanks to all for the tips.

Now just waiting for the new one from Kip. Late April order so hopefully any day.

Now if you wanna see a really 'fun" project try putting a SOCOM 16 in an EBR. I missed any contact with the M-14 in the Corps, so I'm learning about this rifle as I go along in manuals etc. Another trip to Home Depot for a Dremel tool and a cutting disc. Time to just cut off that operating rod guide I won't be reusing.

Next project, the new M4 rail.

Edited by BigHat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

Quick update;

Our head machinist resorted to using the Weather Channel as his crystal Ball for attendance... this after an alledged abcessed tooth, respiatory infection, bad battery cable on his truck, and feeling famished on interum days due to him feeling "heat exposure" in our shop. While I felt for his "conditions/circumstances", our assured ETA's were being adversely affected by his inability to show up for work for little more than 30% of scheduled days, and only working 3-5 hours per day on the days he would show up. I fired him the day after my daughter's wedding, and began a night shift schedule (cooler temperatures during a time frame our previous lead man could/would not work) with a new trainee last week. Our new guy is a former tug-boat dredge-hand and would work standing in fire-ants if required to do so. This should remedy the delays, since I can now count on reliable man-hours to predict availability. Sorry for the brief hiatus, but the transition was a big/intense step that required my undivided attention due to the level of detailed work he (new guy) was expected to absorb. Guess our former lead man felt in-despensable..... his replacement is BETTER. Thanks for hanging in there, ESPECIALLY our April customers, who have been exceedingly patient. They should ship out late this week, the Picatinny rails are back in "forward-motion", and still expected to hit the store in early July along with the muzzle brakes, followed by the bolt knobs in mid July. More soon.

Kip

Quick update;

Our head machinist resorted to using the Weather Channel as his crystal Ball for attendance... this after an alledged abcessed tooth, respiatory infection, bad battery cable on his truck, and feeling famished on interum days due to him feeling "heat exposure" in our shop. While I felt for his "conditions/circumstances", our assured ETA's were being adversely affected by his inability to show up for work for little more than 30% of scheduled days, and only working 3-5 hours per day on the days he would show up. I fired him the day after my daughter's wedding, and began a night shift schedule (cooler temperatures during a time frame our previous lead man could/would not work) with a new trainee last week. Our new guy is a former tug-boat dredge-hand and would work standing in fire-ants if required to do so. This should remedy the delays, since I can now count on reliable man-hours to predict availability. Sorry for the brief hiatus, but the transition was a big/intense step that required my undivided attention due to the level of detailed work he (new guy) was expected to absorb. Guess our former lead man felt in-despensable..... his replacement is BETTER. Thanks for hanging in there, ESPECIALLY our April customers, who have been exceedingly patient. They should ship out late this week, the Picatinny rails are back in "forward-motion", and still expected to hit the store in early July along with the muzzle brakes, followed by the bolt knobs in mid July. More soon.

Kip

Very awesome. If I recieve my tube by the end of Saturday I will be able to do some buckshot tests for pattern that I have had in mind for some time now!

I just ordered some Federal Flight Control buckshot to be tested. It will arrive tomorrow or thursday. I have tried Hornady TAP and it performed horridly. I hope this federal stuff lives up to it's hype!

Quick update;

Kip

Excellent news.

Business process reengineering is incredibly important if you want to keep your business efficient and viable.

It sounds like you are making steps in the right direction!

Thanks for the update.

If/when you have a chance, can you weigh your charging handle in grams? I'm running a list comparing the overall weight of the stock and aftermarket charging handles.

Geez, Stranger; the guy is busy. Leave him alone ... At least until I get my tube. You know what he should do? He should do it in fifty-fourths-of-a-pound and make you convert it as penance for your sins. :p

Hey, we've had enough bad ideas come out of Illinois already this year. :p

I just sold the factory magazine tube and its mickey mouse spring for 40 bucks shipped. I sold the factory Benelli +2 extension for 150 and the factory limiter tube for 20.

So I'm breaking even by installing the Ti tube.

Guest cleefurd

Yes I'm alive. Quick update here and back to the grind-stone.

• Graduation from my full time student status is right around the corner. YEAH!! more free time to work on orders.
  • Training 3rd candidate this month to replace the lead machinist we fired on the 14th. Half stepping while I train a replacement has been painful, especially the adverse effect it has on lead times. Thanks for everyone's patience.
  • The picatinny rails are still inching along. We have 94 of them past the half-way point. Still waiting on a custom profile tool to cut the CORRECT bottom radius which will eliminate receiver distortion experienced by another vender.
  • Daughter's wedding went fine.
  • Expect a YouTube video demonstrating proper tube replacement in the next few weeks.
  • LASTLY APRIL ORDERS are expected to ship this week after several AGONIZING set backs. Not pleasant making excuses. MUCH new material in our titanium scrap bin, and employee prospects finding out the hard way that there is only one kind of perfect. Everything else ends up being a wind chime. Literally.