US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

I feel that Kip is the kind of person who in the future will remember that he gave me 3 deadlines that he did not meet, and each time, I accepted it without getting too ruffled in public. Since I don't think that Kip did this on purpose, I think you have 1 of 2 options realistically:

Ask for a refund and move on--or don't. However, asking for a refund now that the tubes are already done (confirmed, they are cut and ready for painting as of NOW) and just await painting, would be kindof dumb. By the time you got your inferior tube the rest of us will have our Ti tube.

You can't get blood from a turnip and spurning Kip for not delivering on time won't make him deliver any faster.

I just reached the point where I feel that I'm being taken advantage of and refuse to accept that, even if it means forgoing the best mag tube. It eventually becomes the "principle of the matter."

Edited by BigHat

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, you definitely aren't being taken advantage of.

Every machine shop I've dealt with has these kinds of delays or worse. I think it's an unspoken rule of the industry. :p

Agree. "Taken advantage of" was a poor choice of words. My point simply is a failure to meet the expectations of the customer. Not only initially (4 to 6 weeks), but repeated excuses over the last month. I could run through the list but they're in this thread.

I did write Kip last night before posting. Haven't heard back. I haven't heard anything that I haven't heard 3 weeks ago -- almost ready. If I hear from him, I'll share the status with you all.

I don't know what machine shops you happen to be dealing with, but you may have heard -- THERE'S A HUGE RECESSION and nearly 10% unemployment !! I work in manufacturing; if anything, our lead times for parts has dropped to less than half, not expanded. You have any idea how many people have been laid off in this area? The concept of being unable to find "good help" in this environment is not believable. Anyway, the customers didn't set the conditions of delivery for these tubes did we?

Edited by BigHat

Agree. "Taken advantage of" was a poor choice of words. My point simply is a failure to meet the expectations of the customer. Not only initially (4 to 6 weeks), but repeated excuses over the last month. I could run through the list but they're in this thread.

I did write Kip last night before posting. Haven't heard back. I haven't heard anything that I haven't heard 3 weeks ago -- almost ready. If I hear from him, I'll share the status with you all.

I don't know what machine shops you happen to be dealing with, but you may have heard -- THERE'S A HUGE RECESSION and nearly 10% unemployment !! I work in manufacturing; if anything, our lead times for parts has dropped to less than half, not expanded. You have any idea how many people have been laid off in this area? The concept of being unable to find "good help" in this environment is not believable. Of course, the customers didn't set the conditions of delivery for these tubes did we?

"Working in manufacturing" and running a small machine-shop with just a few employees are two VERY different animals.

"Working in manufacturing" and running a small machine-shop with just a few employees are two VERY different animals.

My point was in response to the assertion that delays like this are the unspoken rule these days for machine shops; that it's somehow acceptable and to be expected. That's total BS. There's more idle capital equipment and unemployed skilled labor than anytime in the last 25 years.

Edited by BigHat

My point was in response to the assertion that delays like this are the unspoken rule these days for machine shops; that it's somehow acceptable and to be expected. That's total BS. There's more idle capital equipment and unemployed skilled labor than anytime in the last 25 years.

Explain that to the people who worked for Kip that could not keep a schedual.

Explain that to the people who worked for Kip that could not keep a schedual.

When I start getting paid to run his business rather than buy his products I'll comment on hiring people that can adhere to a schedule.

This is digressing badly off the topic. The only issue is when are these tubes shipping and how are they going to be sent to those waiting nearly 10 weeks after a promise of 4-6 weeks? Is there any effort to make it right for the customer or is it simply tough sh*t for us? In my view, these don't seem to be unreasonable questions for a customer to have.

Edited by BigHat

If it makes you feel any better, I have been waiting 12 weeks now, and was billed about 9 weeks ago. I am hesitant to get too mad because I have heard the product is fantastic, and I am not really losing anything by having the stock tube on for a few more weeks. If you think this has been a long wait...take a look at even large gun companies right now....stag arms is giving a 25 week lead time for most of their products right now...i talked to kip and he seems like a good guy...maybe he will remember me next time I want to order something and hook me up....but I have to think..paying for overnight shipping on a 185 dollar tube.....he would be losing money

If it makes you feel any better, I have been waiting 12 weeks now, and was billed about 9 weeks ago. I am hesitant to get too mad because I have heard the product is fantastic, and I am not really losing anything by having the stock tube on for a few more weeks. If you think this has been a long wait...take a look at even large gun companies right now....stag arms is giving a 25 week lead time for most of their products right now...i talked to kip and he seems like a good guy...maybe he will remember me next time I want to order something and hook me up....but I have to think..paying for overnight shipping on a 185 dollar tube.....he would be losing money

I'm surprised to hear this. I thought that only the April orders in the last week or so were still outstanding.

Don't take the overnight shipping request too literally, some type of expedited shipping was just the first thing that came to mind. I'm sure you've received similar accommodations for lapses in customer service.

Additionally, I'm sure that seeing my shotgun (in pieces for the last three weeks) awaiting the arrival of the tube any day now has not helped my attitude about this.

nope, I ordered april 10th ....will be 12 weeks in 3 more days, unless my math is jacked up.

Oh, and just to razz ya a bit , not to be mean, but to lighten the mood:) it takes all of 90 seconds to put it back together, so you dont see all those pieces layin around

Edited by tinman1975

nope, I ordered april 10th ....will be 12 weeks in 3 more days, unless my math is jacked up.

Oh, and just to razz ya a bit , not to be mean, but to lighten the mood:) it takes all of 90 seconds to put it back together, so you dont see all those pieces layin around

No offense taken. I know about the reassembly ease of course. It's just a reminder that it's ordered, paid for, promised, and NOT HERE.

I just went back through the thread to be sure I was correct and April orders "were shipping by the end of the week" a few times, if you know what I mean.

My PM to Kip on this issue from yesterday indicates it's been read but no response as yet.

Okay, off to focus on other things.

Edited by BigHat

No offense taken. I know about the reassembly ease of course. It's just a reminder that it's ordered, paid for, promised, and NOT HERE.

I just went back through the thread to be sure I was correct and April orders "were shipping by the end of the week" a few times, if you know what I mean.

My PM to Kip on this issue from yesterday indicates it's been read but no response as yet.

Kip probably is knee-deep in PM's right now and I would guess he was just making sure you had not altered your order before he shipped it to you, assuming that he ships on schedual today.

Oh yeah ive heard the shipped by the end of the week thing several times too...but what can ya do. I will just hang in there and hope it was worth the wait

well kip called me today to say that i was the oldest outstanding order he had on the books and that my tube shipped today. He was very humble and apologetic, so I imagine most of you guys will be getting your tubes soon

Kip called me as well. I felt bad explaining to a former Marine why I was asleep at 0930. Sheepish.

He called me also, I didn't get a chance to speak with him. if I had I would have told him that it was no big deal to me that it was a little late. As a Marine Corps Recruiter I have seen delays for uncontrolable reason. You just have to shrug it off and put a smile on your face. Sh!t happens

SEMPER FI