US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

Y'all are making me angry. Not your fault. How could you know that I went to the Post Office yesterday to pick it up and they couldn't find it? :mad:

I scheduled re-delivery for Saturday, so they have until then to find it. Otherwise, they're going to have to list is as lost, and then I gotta call Kip and have him take out a claim on it. (Thank goodness it's isnured.) I'd hate for it to come to that. I have already waited an awfully long time for this.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd
Y'all are making me angry. Not your fault. How could you know that I went to the Post Office yesterday to pick it up and they couldn't find it? :mad:

I scheduled re-delivery for Saturday, so they have until then to find it. Otherwise, they're going to have to list is as lost, and then I gotta call Kip and have him take out a claim on it. (Thank goodness it's isnured.) I'd hate for it to come to that. I have already waited an awfully long time for this.

Any update? Yes it is insured. PM last name and I'll send you a tracking #

Kip

Guest cleefurd
When inserting the rounds, they sound different. I don't know if it is the tube or the spring. It's not really an issue, just an observation.

That's a common observation.

The polished interior of these tubes vs. parkerizing is like the difference between rubbing your finger on paper cup, or the rim of a wine glass. Until the springs coils become slightly burnished, it will make a distinct sound, adding to that the ti alloy has a resonant characteristic that contributes as well. Like the different sound you hear when flipping a solid silver dime vs a copper penny. Same basic size, shape and weight, much different sound.

The distinction will diminish in time, although the polished interior won't burnish the spring as quickly as a rougher parked steel tube does, so it will take a little longer.

Any update? Yes it is insured. PM last name and I'll send you a tracking #

Kip

Thanks Kip, but I've got the tracking number. I'll just wait to see if it shows up on Saturday. If it doesn't, then they'll have to have a reason why it couldn't be delivered, which will give you the ability to submit a claim. I'll let you know if it never arrives.

Installed my tube today. I must admit the fit and finish are awesome...and i noticed the different sound too. Used a 9 dollar throw away heat gun from harbor freight tools, took about 15 minutes. Oh and as for the q tips and acetone, the minute the tube came off...i shot some CLP on the end of the toothbrush and made 2 circular passes across the threads while they were still hot, and they were clean as a bone. off to the range tomorrow. Thanks Kip

Just got off the horn with Kip about my order. As stated earlier about the staffing issues, there's been a slight delay but he's pushing forward. He's also a gentleman and has my business regardless of any delays.

I also asked about the possibility of buying some Ti windchimes...;) Might do better than my "Beware of Dog" sign on the door.

If you were borderline about CarrierComp, I wouldn't have any worries at all.

Like Kip said, if they aren't perfect, he's not shipping them.

Standing by

Received it today. My mailperson (who happens to be my next door neighbor) said it was tough to find because the other mailperson placed it on a high shelf in a manner that allowed it to roll to the back.

I have to admit that my hands aren't a tough as they were when I was in the Corps. Getting that factory tube off was a pain. It was a 45 minute heat-twist-and-repeat affair. I'd get about half a rotation, and then I'd have to heat some more. I eventaully got it off though. Now I'm waiting for the receiver to cool, and I'll install the Carrier Comp tube.

Can't say anything for fit yet, but the tube really is a thing of beauty. The finish used is superior (in appearance) to the factory finish. I can hardly wait to install the tube and run a few rounds through it.

Thanks Devil Dog. Semper fidelis.

If the rejects are damaged on the magazine cap side, Kip should cut them down and thread them to fit the 14" barreled guns.

Before any wind chimes are let out, be sure to demill them or some jerk will be selling them on gunbroker.

Good point!

I just wanted to Chime in to say Kip's Tube is an excellent peice of gear, and well worth the wait to complete your zombie killer.

Also, I havent logged on in awhile, any word on the new Titanium rails and charging handles he was exploring? You got another guarateed customer right here Kip. Enjoy guys.

I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to make my own full length tube. I'll test it at the range as soon as the paper-mâché is dry!

My similar tube didn't hold up too well once I put the spring in. Sorta shot in half. Wondering when Kip's next update will be. Sitting on the edge of my chair waiting...

...Sitting on the edge of my chair waiting...

I must confess my own enthusiam is waning somewhat. I attempted to purchase my tube on one of Kip's gunbroker.com auctions. I have not received any confirmation or correspondence after using the "Buy it Now" feature. Granted, he does give specific instructions in the auction that you will be contacted prior to shipping but an email acknowledging the order would have been nice.

I still have not been able to contact Kip. I left two phone messages with my cell phone number, email, and this forum ID. I want to get on the list for the muzzle brake and charging handle when they are available. He had photos of a box of muzzle brakes ready for finishing, but that was weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

Most of the calls I received this past few weeks were missed, and none saved to missed call file. Today ******* replaced my phone, now missed calls register... did not know what I was missing. Messages were saved fortunately, and retrievable since a defunct phone has no affect on that :). Here is the cut and paste of updates to our online store front;

CARRIERCOMP is making preparations to meet the demands related to product line expansion and new contracts within the Government and commercial industry. For this reason we will NOT process ANY credit card orders placed after July 11, 2009. Any orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will remain on our store ledger, and be honored in the order received when we resume full production capabilities. All completed orders placed through June 2nd shipped today (Aug 11, 2009) unless otherwise pending payment. Orders between June 3, 2009 and July 11, 2009 are expected to ship no later than Sept 10, 2009. Credit Card authorizations on orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will have expired by that time, and customers will be contacted directly to determine how/if they wish to renew their orders. We will be in Ohio and Wisconsin this week (Aug 12-18)finalizing contracts at the center of our expansion, and ensuing relocation to a larger faciity here in western Florida. Thank you for your continued patronage and support that has contributed to our growth this year. We look forward to continuous service for both industry and idividual alike.

All messages retrieved with our new phone will be returned regarding status inquiries not covered in this post. Still alive, as progress made will reveal. Special thanks to those who have openly acknowledged correspondance, although it is understandable those I missed had legitimate concern.

Guest cleefurd

All Gunbroker orders are invoiced as product becomes available. As indicated above that has been hampered by expansion/growth logistics, and a trip this week to round out contract submissions for the Veteran's Administration requirements (long story). In summary Gunbroker orders have the distinct advantage of NOT requiring any advance funds to OUR end. Our store has suspended invoicing to avoid retaining customer funds too far in advance. This will pass. ALL orders via the store or Gunbroker will be processed in the order received, and will be processed accordingly. Any customer who has a change of heart will be treated with dignity and grace. I appreciate interest and trust more than monetary consideration, and assure we are diligently proceeding towards a point where fledgling hurdles are diminished in favor of enhanced QUALITY production cadences. In the interum, we have modified our billing in BOTH venues (On-line and Gunbroker) to alleviate excessive advanced payments. Product flow in the M4 mag tube realm, as well as emerging releases are being ironed out in a fashion that will yield unparalleled quality as has come to be expected. Expect great things AND IMPROVED correspondance as soon as we relocate to a facility where zoning allows clerical staffing.

Kip, I apologize for being too dense. Just so I understand, I put in an order at carriercomp.com about two days ago on Aug 9th. Obviously this is after your 7/11 dead line, so would I be put on the wait list for a tube or will you contact me in the future when you can meet demand or how would it work? You stated "Any orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will remain on our store ledger, and be honored in the order received when we resume full production capabilities."

Edited by MeanGreen

Good luck with the move!

I hope you get all your stuff sorted out and can start rolling out lots of high quality, properly designed products ... you've certainly put in the legwork, it would be great for you to start reaping the benefits of your labor, and for us to get access to your new products.

:)