US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to pay it first so got it from Gunbroker instead. I have faith on Kip and am expecting to hear from him in 6+ weeks. If it comes early, that would be great, if not I am fine with it.

If you can't wait or want to call Kip to check out the status every week, I suggest you to cancel the order :eek:

Edited by jojunior

If you can't wait or want to call Kip to check out the status every week, I suggest you to cancel the order

Who are you responding to?

I'm at about 11 to 12 weeks.

I understood the wait when I ordered, no problem.

My problem is going on 10 days after I was informed the item was shipped with no package. Just concerned, as I've had one UPS shipment disappear when it was supposedly delivered and never resolved since I've lived in my current location. I really think my dirtbag neighbors are playing with a bunch of HK33 mags...

The ship-confirmation email has a header for a tracking number, but there isn't one listed...just my order number is listed. Looking at my account within Kip's website, I see a status of "shipped," but no tracking # there, either. I'm in California, so the tube has probably got held up in slow traffic resulting from various protests and demonstrations...

Nothing yet. I ordered through gunbroker.com on July 9th. I called him on September 14th and sent payment via PayPal. No confirmation, no shipment notice yet.

Ti Tube arrived today unannounced. I received no email confirmations or tracking number. Kip shipped it on 9/26 via Priority Mail insured. The finish is flawless and the overall workmanship is absolutely excellent. I do not have a heatgun to release the factory tube yet (will pick one up or borrow one next weekend). I did try the Benelli nut on the threads and the fit is perfect. Leave it to Benelli to use a really strange, square shoulder thread. Reminded me of guys that used to work on old English sports cars and had to deal with Left Handed Whitworth threads on some of the parts. The finish was an excellent match to the factory black. It is almost imperceptibly lighter than the Benelli barrel but still a better match than my factory mag tube. I can't imagine there will be any disappointment when I get it mounted.

Kip did warn me on the phone to remind you guys there is a front end to it. The thread is the same on both ends so it will screw in backwards but, the barrel will not snug down when the nut is tightened if you accidentally install it that way.

I will be buying his other accessories as they become available. :D

Not really a criticism but more of a request for confirmation; there is no snap ring groove on Kip's magazine tube. Granted I have not taken apart my factory tube yet but I had imagined there would be a snap ring retainer at the end of the tube to retain the spring and follower. It appears the barrel nut is the only retention device and that the spring will pop free every time you disassemble the gun. Is this correct?

No, there is a compression sleeve (think snap ring with a shoulder).

I installed the one that came in the stock gun in Kips tube w/o issues. I can disassemble the gun by removing the mag and not have to deal with the mag spring unless I want to break out my snap ring pliers. I guess I never noticed the absence of a groove as it seems to hold fine.

Probably will disassemble it tonight to install a compliant follower to go with my "Kip tube" and SureFire fore-end that just arrived and I'll recheck it.

Edited by BigHat

I installed the one that came in the stock gun in Kips tube w/o issues. I can disassemble the gun by removing the mag and not have to deal with the mag spring unless I want to break out my snap ring pliers. I guess I never noticed the absence of a groove as it seems to hold fine..

They don't move. The friction provided by the ample surface area holds just fine. Maybe over time as the tube gets "polished" by constantly removing and reinserting, it might pose a problem, but I doubt it.

I got mine today and all I got was email saying it was shipped on 9/18/. It got mine 2 days after Bighat and was getting a little nervous, but was going to give it another few days. I'm sure others are getting them today or manana. They are showing up slow but sure!

Thanks, HKHUNKER. I am getting a little nervous.

I work from home, so each day I see the mail lady drive by, then wait another 20 minutes for her to turn around. Then it's, Damn, she didn't turn into my driveway!

Has anyone ever seen The Simpsons episode where Bart ordered a tiny "spy" camera from the back of a comic book? Every day he would open the door and ask the mail lady, "Where's my Spy Camera"? For weeks and weeks....

That's me : )

I ordered 7/2. I received the "was shipped email" on 9/17. The tube arrived today...very nice.

getting an email your item was shipped on 9/17 and recieving it 14 days later on the back of a donkey, priceless!! in my book its just horrible customer service. a customer should not be led on to believe there item will arrive in a few days. because nothing should take 2 weeks to get to the customer, no matter how popular or awesome the item is. :rolleyes:

I wonder why they don't simply give the customer a tracking number. It would help alleviate alot of stress. It seems like maybe they get the tube in the box to be shipped and issue the email that it's sent but then don't get the box to post office or whatever shipping method that they are using for awhile. Using Botach's shipping dept as a model...not a good way to go.