US Made Titanium Benelli M4 Magazine Tubes! Available online Jan 1, 2009.

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, new to benelliusa.com's forums, first post.

I ordered mine back in August right before I flew out of Iraq. I received an email saying it would ship out within 7 days of Oct 6th. It is paid for and I have heard nothing about it since. I called, emailed, and even filled out the email form on his website, does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? Personal circumstances maybe? I had a competition this past weekend and I would have liked to have my tube:(.

What gives?:confused:

Hi Animalmother and Welcome to the forum! Just for your reference. I was told that my order should ship within 7 days of my re-order date of Oct 5th (I had first placed an order July 12th). So it should have shipped by Oct 12th. I then got a "your order has shipped" e-mail on Oct 19th and then they finally attempted delivery today Oct 26th but I wasn't home to sign.

Everyone here has endured a long wait which seems to be quickly forgotten when they receive their tube and see the quality. It seems like Kip is catching up with things so I'd say keep trying to reach him if you want but you should be seeing it pretty soon.

Take Care,

Hookster

Kip should just have said expect 90 days between order and delivery and called it done. I still would have ordered ;) If I have to wait 90 days between order for muzzle brake, picatinny rail, and charging handle, I'll gladly do it.

Kip got in over his head on these tubes and failed to accurately gauge market response/demand to his product. He will most likely not make this mistake again with reguards to his other products. He's a quick study.

If people weren't willing to wait, they shouldn't have ordered IMHO. I ordered mine early July, which is over 90 days ago. Big deal, I have it, and am infinitely happier with it than any alternative.

It's not that I'm not willing to wait, it's just that I received the email saying it will ship out within 7 days of October 6th and I have not heard anything from him. I take it I'm calling a cell phone when I call because I hear classical music(standard ver i zon ring back tone)? All I want is a "hey yeah, it's coming, give it some time." from the man himself, that's all. He was very communicative before so I didn't know if there was some sort of personal circumstance or something like that.

I know he is a human being and as it appears, he has allot more clientele then he thought he would have and good for him. This post isn't meant to sound derogatory, I'm merely inquiring as to what's going on and I thank all the members here who chimed in to give me some insight.

Edited by animalmother85

It's not that I'm not willing to wait, it's just that I received the email saying it will ship out within 7 days of October 6th and I have not heard anything from him. I take it I'm calling a cell phone when I call because I hear classical music(standard ver i zon ring back tone)? All I want is a "hey yeah, it's coming, give it some time." from the man himself, that's all. He was very communicative before so I didn't know if there was some sort of personal circumstance or something like that.

I know he is a human being and as it appears, he has allot more clientele then he thought he would have and good for him. This post isn't meant to sound derogatory, I'm merely inquiring as to what's going on and I thank all the members here who chimed in to give me some insight.

Pretty sure it took 2 weeks from my shipment notification via email to when I actually had it in my hands.

We had an unexpected delay from WC Wolf on the springs that are included with your Magazine tube.

WC Wolff is using a new CNC state of the art spring former that suffered a servo drive failure, requiring factory service. That spring order is still outstanding but for the mean time we had one of our distributors return a sufficient quantity of springs to us to fill our ready tubes for immediate shipping. Those springs arrived yesterday and your order will ship today. Please accept our apology. Thank you again for your order.

Kip Carrier

Just got that in my email as of a few moments ago, hope that clears things up for everyone else.

now, does anyone know about the muzzle brakes and other items he is coming out with?

Edited by animalmother85

now, does anyone know about the muzzle brakes and other items he is coming out with?

He said 30-60days before they are for sale. Not until tube orders are satified, and machining is done on picatinny because they are all going to the coaters in a large batch (the coaters need to build the jigs as well). I'd expect around Christmas.

Congrats. I've got another one coming in in November. ;)

ordered one up for my cell mate.

Thanks SD, I got it installed today without too much problem. About 14 minutes with the heat gun. There was a fair amount of the threadlocker on it. I'd heat and turn a little and then heat and turn a little more till it was about 1/3 out and then it unscrewed the rest of the way. Most of the gunk stayed on the old factory tube. The inside threads were pretty clean.

Everything looks great but I'm having a problem getting the 7th 2 3/4" shell in. I tried both Remington and Winchester shells but neither worked. The Brownells follower I put in is considerably shorter than the factory one so I'm thinking it might be the Wolff spring that I installed with the tube since it is considerably longer than the Benelli spring. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow and see what happens. Thoughts anyone?

Later,

Hookster :)

Everything looks great but I'm having a problem getting the 7th 2 3/4" shell in. I tried both Remington and Winchester shells but neither worked. The Brownells follower I put in is considerably shorter than the factory one so I'm thinking it might be the Wolff spring that I installed with the tube since it is considerably longer than the Benelli spring. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow and see what happens. Thoughts anyone?

Later,

If there isnt a lot left to get that 7th in you could cut the spring 1/2 a loop at a time until you can get them all in. I did that with a +2 on my M2 and got it to be a +3 :p

In mine, the 7th is tight. You know it's the last round going in. Kip said that you can trim a half coil at a time until the tension is where you want. The less you trim, the better obviously.

Kips spring ejects the round with authority compared to the wimpy stock spring. The action cycles better with Kips. When firing ***** loads, you'll notice it the most.

FWIW, I don't have the spring retention device in mine. Never knew I was missing it. My M4 never had it. So the magazine cap is all that retains my spring. Perhaps I have a little extra length than those who do?

Hey All,

I had some more time to mess around with things this morning. I took it apart and tried it with the factory spring and I got the 7th round in. I then took it apart again and tried it with the Wolff spring once more, and it worked fine. I got the 7th in with a little room to spare (I can push the 7th in about another 3/16" after it's in all the way) I'm not quite sure what the problem was the first time but all is well now! With Kip's obsession about quality, it didn't seem logical to me that he'd be sending his tubes out with a spring that didn't allow them to function as intended. There is now happiness in FL tube -land! Thanks Again Kip

Mr. Kip Carrier called me last night and told me what's going on. He then sent me the tracking info on my tube, by the looks of it and his speculation, I should have it no later then wednesday. He also insured it for me, so that was nice of him. Nice guy by the way.

Kip is a good guy. Like I said, his customer-communication needs work, but he is honest, and a perfectionist. He will take care of you, it might just take a moment. If you can't wait, go with SOCOMguy's tubes until Kip is rolling 100% (now, or VERY soon, actually, from what I hear), but if you can wait, I think Kip's tubes are the best thing out there right now.